Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Closed Thread

Old 26-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #41
Nidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhenXiang View Post
Long time no update my bichirs, threw some pellets to make them move around, if not, all stone stone ...
That congi is soild!!!. Is this previously Washy's pc or another one? I would add that to my tank anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
Bro, may i knw wat is the significant of finlets counts? What if more than 17?
Any preferences which river it comes from? And if there is a black dot near the rear, does it matter?
Well, this is just my opinion. When PBBs first arrived on our little island, Very few could tell the difference of a lap and a pbb. One of the "sure" way of telling then was pbb will have 17 finlets. There were a lot of fun reads then on how id a pbb and even the local "experts" then got some stuff wrong. We were learning new things almost every shipment. We now know that pbb from chad normally have less then 17 finlets. It's not super rare, but it's common to see whole batches without a single pc with 17 finlets. I think the obsession with 17 finlets developed frm there.

If I'm not wrong, only Japan has brought in Turkuna pbb before. And as that river is in a war zone, there is no more collection from there anymore. So it makes a big difference if u can get a WC Turkuna which we currently know is not possible for now. What I do know abt Turkuna is that it is common for them to have 17 finlets and more. But that is abt as much as I know. One of the reasons why you easily find 17 finlets in the indo CB pbb is because the original F0 father or mother was a Turkuna. This is all base on what I read before. Dun quote me on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Red View Post
nice koliba....
Thanks bro, I felt no heart pain letting go all my other kolibas because this pc is my dream pc. Along with my guinea Endi I dun think I will find another I like better.

Old 26-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #42
ZhenXiang
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidd View Post
That congi is soild!!!. Is this previously Washy's pc or another one? I would add that to my tank anytime.
Yap, this was previously from washy, changed hands a few times before coming to my tank.
Old 26-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #43
Nidd

Quote:
Yap, this was previously from washy, changed hands a few times before coming to my tank.
Turned out really nice. I wanted to get it when he was having his first mega sale. But it was already taken. How big is it now?

Old 26-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #44
ZhenXiang
Dragon

Quote:
Turned out really nice. I wanted to get it when he was having his first mega sale. But it was already taken. How big is it now?
~14inch i guess, should be bigger as they all look small inside the tank.

This guy almost handed IC when he jumped out of the tank when no one was around, took a very long time to fully recover.
Old 26-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #45
Nidd

Quote:
~14inch i guess, should be bigger as they all look small inside the tank.

This guy almost handed IC when he jumped out of the tank when no one was around, took a very long time to fully recover.
Oooo, congis really like i commit suicide. I lost my first one like that. Woke up in the morning to find him on the floor dried. I have been toying with the idea to get a congi because thats the only upper jaw I am missing at the moment. Seeing that guy makes me really want to get one. Too bad I haven't seen 1 above 18" and to my liking yet. Maybe ask Daniel when he reopens.

Old 26-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #46
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
My new bichir
Very good choice for a first PBB. Good contrast for strips, and the head pattern is very distinct. Seem like you got the hang of choosing after seeing so many PBB landings in Singapore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_jigger View Post
May i know. When we are looking to purchase pbbs. What do we look out for in them? Hope to learn more before i take the plunge.
Most important is you must like the PBB the first time it catches your attention. The rest, like fin count; contrast or head shape, is not very important after that. I pay more attention to the strips on the body now if the PBB has 14-16finlets.

And I believe prices are more affordable now, compared to 2-3yrs ago when i got mine first PBB. I am still hunting around for nice bichirs.
Old 27-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #47
tigerlover2006
Dragon

One of my favorite endy! Damn beefy!

Old 27-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #48
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:

Well, this is just my opinion. When PBBs first arrived on our little island, Very few could tell the difference of a lap and a pbb. One of the "sure" way of telling then was pbb will have 17 finlets. There were a lot of fun reads then on how id a pbb and even the local "experts" then got some stuff wrong. We were learning new things almost every shipment. We now know that pbb from chad normally have less then 17 finlets. It's not super rare, but it's common to see whole batches without a single pc with 17 finlets. I think the obsession with 17 finlets developed frm there.

If I'm not wrong, only Japan has brought in Turkuna pbb before. And as that river is in a war zone, there is no more collection from there anymore. So it makes a big difference if u can get a WC Turkuna which we currently know is not possible for now. What I do know abt Turkuna is that it is common for them to have 17 finlets and more. But that is abt as much as I know. One of the reasons why you easily find 17 finlets in the indo CB pbb is because the original F0 father or mother was a Turkuna. This is all base on what I read before. Dun quote me on this.

Thanks bro, I felt no heart pain letting go all my other kolibas because this pc is my dream pc. Along with my guinea Endi I dun think I will find another I like better.
Bro, thats v informative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Very good choice for a first PBB. Good contrast for strips, and the head pattern is very distinct. Seem like you got the hang of choosing after seeing so many PBB landings in Singapore.

Most important is you must like the PBB the first time it catches your attention. The rest, like fin count; contrast or head shape, is not very important after that. I pay more attention to the strips on the body now if the PBB has 14-16finlets.

And I believe prices are more affordable now, compared to 2-3yrs ago when i got mine first PBB. I am still hunting around for nice bichirs.
Thanks bro, i tried my best to choose base on pics i seen here, glad it didnt go wrong. I am beginning to like the bichir even more, esp it mixes well with my ST, just fed them and eating well.

Another vid: colors faded abit, cuz i off aquarium lights?
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 27-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #49
redgolden
Dragon

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlover2006 View Post

Wow love the body
Nice tlc!
Old 27-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #50
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlover2006 View Post

That's a massive Guinea..!! Nice

Wow, bro ZhenXiang and Nidd, you guys have really too quality fishes, next time shipment day must ask you guys to help me pick
Closed Thread