Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 08-02-2006, 01:59 PM   #11
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafido
ard 12" like that lah.Very fussy eater.If she is a big eater,i think should be around 15" like other bro's red.
she looks bulky though...but the color still have a long way to go if u dun mind me saying...

12" still got long time to see max impact...
Old 08-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #12
bonafido

booomzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
she looks bulky though...but the color still have a long way to go if u dun mind me saying...

12" still got long time to see max impact...
yup bro,i think still got long long way to go,the interesting thing abt red is that u will keep on seeing different development during the growing stage,i hope by another 1 yr time his red will all come out.
bonafido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #13
kagemaru

Quote:
yup bro,i think still got long long way to go,the interesting thing abt red is that u will keep on seeing different development during the growing stage,i hope by another 1 yr time his red will all come out.
try doing something different

change out the medias to something more biological

use slower flow rate and add some K leaves to recondition the red

bring in the lights again in a month's time after u done those on top
Old 08-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #14
bonafido

booomzz

Quote:
try doing something different

change out the medias to something more biological

use slower flow rate and add some K leaves to recondition the red

bring in the lights again in a month's time after u done those on top
Tks for your advise bro. But afew question to ask,u mean biological medias is refering to what type of media?im using bioball, fiberglass ring and Lava for my media.is that biological or what? i had not try K leave b4, can i put the K leave at the last stage of the conditioned water or do i have to put the K leave inside the tank.my tank is a 5 x 2.5 x 2.5ft.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:03 PM   #15
kagemaru

Quote:
Tks for your advise bro. But afew question to ask,u mean biological medias is refering to what type of media?im using bioball, fiberglass ring and Lava for my media.is that biological or what? i had not try K leave b4, can i put the K leave at the last stage of the conditioned water or do i have to put the K leave inside the tank.my tank is a 5 x 2.5 x 2.5ft.
can change out the bio balls to jap matts?

lava is bio sinster glass is more bio than mech

bio ball generally more used in terms of the spiltting of water in the Koi filtration they need a volume and height to achieve max effect

Jap matts allows more surface interaction and housing for the bacteria to adhere to...water also trickles much more slower in the threads of the matts and allows colonisation of the BB

K leaves in the last compartment is ok...just take it out and replace within 2 weeks
Old 08-02-2006, 06:23 PM   #16
bonafido

booomzz

Quote:
can change out the bio balls to jap matts?

lava is bio sinster glass is more bio than mech

bio ball generally more used in terms of the spiltting of water in the Koi filtration they need a volume and height to achieve max effect

Jap matts allows more surface interaction and housing for the bacteria to adhere to...water also trickles much more slower in the threads of the matts and allows colonisation of the BB

K leaves in the last compartment is ok...just take it out and replace within 2 weeks
Tks bro, for your advise, sorry for my ignorant what is Jap Matt,do u have a pic of that?