Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #41
globalcookie
Dragon

Mar 6, 2011
PAP OUT AND ABOUT
Seven potential candidates for team in Aljunied GRC

ALJUNIED GRC's anchor minister George Yeo has named seven potential candidates who can make up the team at the next general election, of which five will eventually be chosen to contest.

Two of them will be new to Aljunied GRC: former civil servant Ong Ye Kung, 41, an assistant secretary-general of the National Trades Union Congress; and Dr Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim, 43, now an MP in neighbouring Marine Parade GRC.

Newly drawn electoral boundaries released a week ago have shifted much of Dr Faishal's Kaki Bukit ward from Marine Parade GRC to Aljunied GRC.

The others Mr Yeo listed on his GRC team-sheet are himself, Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Lim Hwee Hua, Senior Minister of State (Foreign Affairs) Zainul Abidin Rasheed and MPs Cynthia Phua and Yeo Guat Kwang.

Of the possible eventual lineup, Mr Yeo said that key to the team is that it is inclusive and has people who can relate to different segments of the population: 'We need a balance of personality types, a balance of affiliations, so everyone in the community can find someone with whom he can relate to directly.

'What we want, in the end, is a sense of family, of kinship, so the MPs who represent (residents) are members whom they feel to be of them, not just for them.'
Old 07-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #42
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by therat View Post
every 4-5 yrs, standard pattern come out.

Nothing new.

Unless has birdnets rice
What can we expect from them ??? Haizzz .....
Old 21-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #43
globalcookie
Dragon

GE: PAP has drawn up "good slate" of candidates, says DPM Teo

SINGAPORE : Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean has said the People’s Action Party has drawn up a "good slate" of candidates for the upcoming General Election, many of whom are younger in age.

Mr Teo, who is the party’s Second Assistant Secretary—General, added that the candidates come from a range of backgrounds, including the private sector and public service. He added that they will be representative of Singapore.

Mr Teo said: "They themselves have lived the Singapore story. I think with their diversity of backgrounds, they will be able to represent all walks of life, everyone in Singapore, in Parliament, and make sure that their concerns are looked after."

— CNA/ms
---------------------
I hear many pple saying Opposition has not proven themselves.

Ok, PAP fielding a lot of new faces, so is there anything they have proven?
Old 21-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #44
globalcookie
Dragon

Tanjong Pagar Town Council launches five-year masterplan

Residents of Tanjong Pagar Group Representation Constituency can expect more improvements to their homes and neighbourhoods over the next five years.

These include the Home Improvement Project, which refurbishes ageing flats, and the Neighbourhood Renewal Programme.

These are part of the constituency's five-year masterplan, aimed at rejuvenating the ageing estate.

Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew, who is also MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC, says the plans will encourage community bonding, and increase the value of residents' homes.

Work has also been ongoing to improve the estate.

One project is the sprucing up of Alexandra Canal under the national Active, Beautiful and Clean, or ABC Waters Programme, which was officially opened by Mr Lee today.

The canal runs for 1.2 kilometres between Tanglin Road and Delta Road, and features include a water cascade, lookout decks and wetlands.

"Everytime an estate gets old, we renew it. We refurbish it. Why? Because we want to increase the value of your homes, beautify the surroundings with ABC Waters, gardens and so on. So for those who have moved to condos, and private property, well they have decided that they can afford it. But 85 per cent are in HDB homes. We intend to keep the values of these homes up. They will never go down."

Mr Lee said estate renewal projects encourage Singaporeans to have a stake in the community.
----------------

Even MM joins in the pre-election 5yrs plan topic
Old 21-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #45
globalcookie
Dragon

National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan says the People’s Action Party (PAP) line-up of candidates for Tampines Group Representation Constituency, or GRC, in the upcoming General Election is not confirmed yet.

Mr Mah, who’s also Member of Parliament for the constituency, said there may be new faces in the final slate for the GRC.

Speaking on the sidelines of a Tampines Sports Carnival, Mr Mah also welcomes a contest in his constituency, saying it will be good for residents.

He said his team is actively using new media tools like Facebook to engage residents.

"Over the last 20-over years, I think we are more or less, I would say that virtually, in fact every block we’ve been to, every house we’ve knocked on, sometimes they’re in, sometimes they’re not in, but through Facebook I hope we will be able to plug the gaps."

The Minister also said that for the PAP candidates, what’s most important are integrity, commitment and a passion
to serve.

-------------
New faces always in GRC, lead by a minister. This is the only way to field new faces and yet win.

Knock on every doors but sometimes they are not in. I lived there for 3yrs, coincidently no one was ever in. Any bros living in Tampines GRC lived there for many years and usually someone at home all the time? Hee Hee Hee
Old 21-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #46
Guppies Onli
Dragon

You knocked on my door, and I'm in - SO WHAT? Raised 16 points to you and till now, what have been done to the estate??? How many months already?? You still knocking on doors???

Our ministers should follow the Japanese, talk less do more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
"Over the last 20-over years, I think we are more or less, I would say that virtually, in fact every block we’ve been to, every house we’ve knocked on, sometimes they’re in, sometimes they’re not in, but through Facebook I hope we will be able to plug the gaps."

[/COLOR]
Old 21-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #47
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
Our ministers should follow the Japanese, talk less do more!
And bow out when they (or their ministry) screw up
Old 21-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #48
Guppies Onli
Dragon

From the news this few days, I keep hearing the ministers telling us citizens to follow the Japanese to stay clam in times of disasters - for what?? Why not tell themselves, the ministers??? Learn from the Japanese, lower salary than ours, yet crisis management better.

Quote:
Old 21-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #49
therat
Arofanatic

Quote:
sorry la.
That is japan culture.
Singapore culture is "It's a honest mistake, let's move on."
Old 23-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #50
yeobt
Arofanatic

Default Five MPs confirm retirement

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_648236.html

AT LEAST five MPs have confirmed their retirement from politics with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong over the past week.

Three are MPs known for their close ties to the Chinese ground. They are Mr Ang Mong Seng, 61, Mr Chan Soo Sen, 55, and Dr Ong Seh Hong, 48. The other two are Dr Ahmad Magad, 58, and Mr Ong Kian Min, 50.
================================================== ======================

forget to say, nvm, they'll still be paid handsomely.

Last edited by yeobt; 23-03-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Closed Thread