Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:16 AM   #81
BuTLeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Well...tis is veri addictive...making more gian to get hold of a pair...
lol now into lobster ah.. steady leh bro

Old 04-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #82
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTLeR View Post
lol now into lobster ah.. steady leh bro

Ya lor....sian of betta liao...now move on to leng hiay..

Old 04-07-2008, 12:23 AM   #83
Jivarus

Haha yeah. Looking at your reputation it's almost 100% that you were from another hobby one...

But rearing cray is so much simpler haha, and nice colours and 6 to 7 years life span, it's so contenting...

Old 04-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #84
chris

I have tried everthing except crayfish... I remembered 6 years old, I smuggled 6 blue marrons from brisbane and sold 4 to a friend and my only 2 upz lorry in 1 week time...tat the longest record I ever have.

Now thinking of trying again....and in AF..everything in water also got

Old 04-07-2008, 12:38 AM   #85
Jivarus

Marrons are my favourite, because they're the ones with the most intensive blue on their bodies, but too bad, we're living in Singapore, and it prefers really cool water, managed to keep it for 3 months though

But that happy memory enough liao, I still remembered burying it at my mum's plant pot there.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #86
chris

May I know what kind of ph do u keep your crayfish in?

Can I lay a layer of coral sand below like in marine tank?

Thanks

Old 04-07-2008, 12:46 AM   #87
Jivarus

A lot of people here recommend slightly alkaline water, as acidic water will corrode their shell, but for me it's simple, everytime I change water, I always add dechlorinator and bubble them for 1 to 2 hours before changing water... Government won't be so good to treat us Lemon tea or add soap to our water, so most probably would be fine...

As for the tank, I seriously do not recommend substrate, because you're finding trouble for yourself when the defecation gets stuck in the corals, although it may be possible for the bacteria to switch over to become good ones and make your water clean, sometimes fouling bacteria may cause diseases to your crayfish, because the water appear so clean when at the glass there are algae growth already... I cannot tahan a slightest amount of dirt in the tank, so I don't put substrate, but I'm looking for those huge pieces of corals to be placed in the tank, so it makes the water hard, and it looks damn nice, just one piece in the tank...

Old 04-07-2008, 12:57 AM   #88
chris

hmm..then maybe I shd put in oyster shell and a fevel lava rocks for them to hide.

How often do u change water?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:08 AM   #89
Jivarus

Everyday change leh... Got prepare water for next day one...

Anyway here's a list of what I've seen in Singapore, if I've seen, most probably is available lah...

Australian:

Koonacs (Rare)
Yabbies
Red Claws
Marrons
Don't know got what more

Indonesian New Guinea: (ARGH! MY FAVOURITE!)

Blue Moons
Hoa Creeks
Orange Tips
Apricots
Red Bricks
Blue Bricks (Rare)
Triple Coloured Bricks
Zebras
Tigers (Rare)
Lorentzi

America:

Clarkiis (All colours)
Dwarf Orange (Mexico) Check this link:
http://www.rainbowfish.info/forum/vi...&view=previous - Rear this one must use magnifying glass for the glass of your tank, haha, I saw it at a farm once, was so damn small didn't bother to take a second glance, now then I know so rare. But don't you guys think that the Orange Clarkii is better? Bigger and can see = )

Should be all... My memory bad la, can only recall at most the list above, anyone got more to add, as in, available in Singapore?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #90
chris

More poision....siow liao....so cute little crayfish...

Closed Thread