Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 22-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
Chucky Tilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromy1 View Post
To Chucky, you may also want to consider using glass tank for turtle purpose, see example of clip below:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
yo.. thanks for the suggestion but my turtles are more pretty huge hence prefer a pond size housing.
Old 22-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #12
corn
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky Tilly View Post

someone offer me this preformed pond below $50. do u guys think its worth for a 2nd hand item? thanks!

Chromy1 - xie xie ni
That reminds me of my pond in my previous home. Its also rectangular but in black. Bought a set of wood "trimmings" from a nursery to cover the sides. If my memory serves me right, my little pond was 3ft by 2ft. I used two kinds of filters (at different times). One was an OHF and another was a canister. Good luck on your pond project.

corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #13
Chucky Tilly

bro.. thats a fantastic set up.. thanks very much for the info. will be planning to do a waterfall concept too. will do more research since its a DIY project. xie!!
Old 22-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #14
Chucky Tilly

Red face

after i get my set up done.. will be getting a malayan box turtle from chinatown wet market... guess nowhere else has stock currently... if so.. do share with me.. thanks very much!

Old 23-06-2010, 01:38 AM   #15
potatoteddy

Quote:

picture links seem to be down.. here's another one..
Wouldnt the turtle escape?
Old 23-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #16
Chucky Tilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoteddy View Post
Wouldnt the turtle escape?
guess the pond texture is smooth hence turtles won't escape unless rocks are placed near the edeges..
Old 23-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #17
Xinan_18

Quote:
after i get my set up done.. will be getting a malayan box turtle from chinatown wet market... guess nowhere else has stock currently... if so.. do share with me.. thanks very much!

hey i thought tis turtle is ban in sg? any idea where can i get pnt from sg?
Old 23-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #18
Chucky Tilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinan_18 View Post
hey i thought tis turtle is ban in sg? any idea where can i get pnt from sg?
malayan box turtles are approve locally (check ava site for verfication)

PNT are ban from selling... only owners who bought before the ban can continue keeping...
Old 23-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #19
Jeffers

thats a good looking turtle. also i really like the indoor pond idea. i have a hatchling map turtle and hatchling snapper and i think they will get upgraded to a pond like the second pic you posted just with trim around it. also glass is cool to be able to see the turtle but the glass video that was posted that tank was way too small for that little guy. im really glad you are going to go with a pond. i see to many people over here in the states really neglect these guys. so keep us updated on what you decide. also i will try to get some pics up of my hatchlings and possibly an alligator snapping turtle when i find a nice hatchling to catch or buy.
happy keeping
Old 24-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #20
Chucky Tilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffers View Post
thats a good looking turtle. also i really like the indoor pond idea. i have a hatchling map turtle and hatchling snapper and i think they will get upgraded to a pond like the second pic you posted just with trim around it. also glass is cool to be able to see the turtle but the glass video that was posted that tank was way too small for that little guy. im really glad you are going to go with a pond. i see to many people over here in the states really neglect these guys. so keep us updated on what you decide. also i will try to get some pics up of my hatchlings and possibly an alligator snapping turtle when i find a nice hatchling to catch or buy.
happy keeping
woah.. u have really some cool turtles that are ban in singapore... looking forward on your turtle tanks soon