Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #221
slowhand35

Hello Gus,
Did you check the whole site, there is tons of crayfish ID info as well as place of origin by state and country.
Here is the main page and the map pages links
http://iz.carnegiemnh.org/index.htm
http://iz.carnegiemnh.org/crayfish/c...y_country2.htm

Over the last few years I have been a member of several forums. It is possible I am a member there.
If I am, my member name would be the same as here. I use the same one unless it is already taken.

When the interest in crayfish stops or when one or two people believe they control the knowledge on a forum, I start looking for a better one.
Alot of forums go down hill because a couple people want to be the knowledge kings.
Forums that have input from all types of keepers provide a better knowledge base. What works for one person does not always work for someone else.

Post the address to the crayfish mate forum and I will see if I'm a member.

Fannn,
300ppm sounds a little high.
Any area you find crays in is usually littered with decaying plants and leaves as well as wood rotting in the water. The bottom also has detritus buildup.
The ph is usually between 6.0 to 7.5 and the water will have a low hardness value.
A blackwater extract used for discus fish will help soften the water, peatmoss, oak and almond leaves are said to work too.
There is also water softener pillows for aquariums too.
If your water from the tap is that hard I would say soften it a bit, maybe down to at least 200ppm.
If it is caused by limestone rocks or some other ornament just remove some of it and do water changes.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #222
Gus
Dragon

I do agree with all you have stated in this page.

What i believe in is to learn from each other and apply what works for the cray as you pointed out (What works for one person does not always work for someone else) which is very truth.

That's why i'm learning from you too. like the container which you use to comfine the cray i have make one bigger and have try using it find it useful and pass one to bro dsfp.

www.crayfishmates.com

(Everyday is a learning day a person which stop learning that's no diff as in brain dead.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowhand35 View Post
Hello Gus,
Did you check the whole site, there is tons of crayfish ID info as well as place of origin by state and country.
Here is the main page and the map pages links
http://iz.carnegiemnh.org/index.htm
http://iz.carnegiemnh.org/crayfish/c...y_country2.htm

Over the last few years I have been a member of several forums. It is possible I am a member there.
If I am, my member name would be the same as here. I use the same one unless it is already taken.

When the interest in crayfish stops or when one or two people believe they control the knowledge on a forum, I start looking for a better one.
Alot of forums go down hill because a couple people want to be the knowledge kings.
Forums that have input from all types of keepers provide a better knowledge base. What works for one person does not always work for someone else.

Post the address to the crayfish mate forum and I will see if I'm a member.

Fannn,
300ppm sounds a little high.
Any area you find crays in is usually littered with decaying plants and leaves as well as wood rotting in the water. The bottom also has detritus buildup.
The ph is usually between 6.0 to 7.5 and the water will have a low hardness value.
A blackwater extract used for discus fish will help soften the water, peatmoss, oak and almond leaves are said to work too.
There is also water softener pillows for aquariums too.
If your water from the tap is that hard I would say soften it a bit, maybe down to at least 200ppm.
If it is caused by limestone rocks or some other ornament just remove some of it and do water changes.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #223
PrinceCharming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
You still going to breed bluemoon???
no le..i m more interested in destructors haha..got myself a male..alone in the tank and super active and big eater haha...waiting for clementi to come in female ^^ help me look out

Old 05-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #224
PrinceCharming

1) lukielala - yishun

2) Gus - Jurong West

3) Lobsterman - AMK

4) loh69 - Yishun soon sembawang

5) HeiBee - Yishun(or Nee Soon)

6) dnsfpl - bukit panjang

7) PrinceCharming - Tanjong Katong

Old 05-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #225
Gus
Dragon

Post some picture and see leh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceCharming View Post
no le..i m more interested in destructors haha..got myself a male..alone in the tank and super active and big eater haha...waiting for clementi to come in female ^^ help me look out
Old 05-08-2008, 07:22 PM   #226
PrinceCharming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Post some picture and see leh
will take pic tonight..now at fren's place

Old 06-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #227
Gus
Dragon

Okie take more lar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceCharming View Post
will take pic tonight..now at fren's place
Old 06-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #228
dnsfpl
Dragon

the best shot i manage to take
did a salt bath again, NOT eating for days
lowered the temperature to 19 degree
hope he get well soon

Old 06-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #229
Jivarus

Hey why is it that the tails are brown in colour?

Is it active?

Old 06-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #230
dnsfpl
Dragon

not very active not eating
for app 5 days
Closed Thread