Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 10-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #21
owlxwz

Thats a veru gd advise for me.. Thanks
Old 10-03-2007, 02:10 PM   #22
winston77
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniphyte View Post
Hi, just decide to clean my office tank today because there are alot of these tiny creature in my tank! They are very small. The largest one is less than 1mm. Believe got shell and black in colour. If they are not swiming, they could be found on the glass. Any idea what is it? And how to get rid of it without doing damage to my bee shrimp.
Hmm.. sounds like freshwater limpets.. I used to have them to a certain extent previously but now I cant find any... they are harmless anyway...
winston77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 11:32 PM   #23
DrTech

How about the ones that comes in pots and sponge? I was opening my new nanas today and I couldn't remove all the sponge because I was afraid of breaking the plant. =/
Old 19-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #24
the_r0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTech View Post
How about the ones that comes in pots and sponge? I was opening my new nanas today and I couldn't remove all the sponge because I was afraid of breaking the plant. =/
This thread is more than a year old but I will let it pass.

To protect the plant, you can choose to soak it and "shake" the plant so that the remaining sponge will come off.
Old 30-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #25
monsterplaco

The wood is not ugly furthur more quite ex leh... i treat my plants by soaking in pail over night then rinse
Old 30-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #26
html1820

Default How to process the plant bought from LFS

rinse it over the running water and leave it in the pailof water for a day to let the snails crawl out of the plants and retied the plants with a nice of wood.
Old 28-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #27
TwistedPair

do u guys also trim off e roots before replanting? ive read that by trim it might encourage better growth is it true?
Old 28-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #28
TwistedPair

do u guys also trim off e roots before replanting? ive read that by trim it might encourage better growth is it true?
Old 28-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #29
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPair View Post
With nanas, whether petite or anubias or golden, I will trim off all the roots before I retie them to my selected rocks/DW. This forces the nana to regrow new roots to grip on to its new home. That's the theory anyways. The plant shouldn't die off as the rhizomes contain enough nutrients to generate new root growth. As long as the rhizome is undamaged and there are a goodly number of healthy leaves, should be ok.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #30
TwistedPair

awesome advice. thanks once again! sounds like i need to be quite hardworking once i get home!