Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 25-07-2011, 03:10 AM   #1
motoro_freak

Default Hooked Rays

Hey bros,

Recently my friend bought a baby motoro stingray from his friend for $80 and upon bringing back home he realised that the RAY'S mouth was abit torn when i went over to see the ray's scar it looks as like as though a hook forcibly pulled out from its mouth and indeed the ray died in 3 days time due to infection i guess

1) pls dunt get cheated like my friend

2) dunno where this ppl catch this ray's but pls dun use rusted hooks if its not for C&R
Old 25-07-2011, 03:12 AM   #2
motoro_freak

Even if C&R also dunt use rusted hooks
Old 25-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
S2whiplash
Arofanatic

Bro sry for ur friends lost but he shld clarify with his friend and check that e ray is healthy be4 bagging it. Juz my thoughts
S2whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
motoro_freak

true oso but actually the ray mouth the corner there was torn other than that the ray looked super nice the spots oso damn swee but i think was because of the hooks i think it was rusted

anyways thanks for ur condolences bro whiplash
Old 25-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Michael178
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoro_freak View Post
Even if C&R also dunt use rusted hooks
Dear motoro freak,

The sport fishing fraternity here doesn't target stingrays, fish of preference is usually toman, sebarau, common snake head and peacock bass. People that target stingrays are usually those out for monetary gains, they go for soon hock and rays. Their modus operadi is usually life baiting and baiting and lines are left for hours in the water without any supervision. So the hook is usually in the gut of the fish. It is safer to get from reliable source, lfs, fish farms or hobbyists.

Do not bother to talk to these 'baiters' as their coming from and yours are different. It's a unfortunate event but I hope you will have years of fun keeping rays.
Michael178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #6
Nic73
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael178 View Post
Dear motoro freak,

The sport fishing fraternity here doesn't target stingrays, fish of preference is usually toman, sebarau, common snake head and peacock bass. People that target stingrays are usually those out for monetary gains, they go for soon hock and rays. Their modus operadi is usually life baiting and baiting and lines are left for hours in the water without any supervision. So the hook is usually in the gut of the fish. It is safer to get from reliable source, lfs, fish farms or hobbyists.

Do not bother to talk to these 'baiters' as their coming from and yours are different. It's a unfortunate event but I hope you will have years of fun keeping rays.
Well said. Fully agree.
Nic73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #7
motoro_freak

Quote:
Dear motoro freak,

well said bro it is true
Old 17-09-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
tohet2000
Dragon

Quote:
Dear motoro freak,

nicely said , from my thinking . "this baiters sells it to fish farm too ? correct me if i am wrong
tohet2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #9
motoro_freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohet2000 View Post
nicely said , from my thinking . "this baiters sells it to fish farm too ? correct me if i am wrong
yup i agree no only rays but arowana's and louhan and etc