Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 07-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #421
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
One question though. Were you dosing anything in the tank, like ferts or medication?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric9013 View Post
Yup weekly doage of seachem excel, any issues? no medication though
Quote:
Did the cories start dying only after you added in the excel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardric View Post
I always had cories. Very hardy. I also add Seachem Excel. No issues. Don't think it's a problem.
The usual ferts that we use have been proven to not have any adverse effects on fauna, even shrimps. Even in the event of an overdose, all you will get is algae, and not deaths. Unless so much has been added that it completely alters the aquarium's chemistry.

Excel is also quite harmless (it depends on fauna) and it is pretty safe to overdose. I overdose about 2-3 times on a daily basis and my sterbai are fine, and have laid eggs on numerous occasions. Any excel in your aquarium dissipates in about 24 hours, according to information by Seachem. So, it is advisable to daily dose excel for optimal effectiveness.

On a happy note, I will be closing this thread in the next few days. Corydoras Tank II is coming!
Old 13-08-2011, 02:55 AM   #422
JadeIceGreen

This thread has been around for 1 year and 8 months. It has been a fantastic ride but it's now to end it. There is a new build found at: http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=473118. Please visit it and direct all your questions/discussions there.

Thank you all for participating in this thread and I have high hopes for the new tank. See you there!
Old 13-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #423
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Thanks, bro Isaac, for sharing with us your journey. Learnt lots of things from this thread.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #424
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Thanks, bro Isaac, for sharing with us your journey. Learnt lots of things from this thread.
The pleasure is all mine.