Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 30-04-2004, 04:45 PM   #1
nothing
Arofanatic

Default Protien skimmer

i just bought a air driven protien skimmer. Bought it at 8 dollar. But when i put into my 1.4 feet tank. The bubbles just rush to the top.. making it overflow. And spashling my place all over it. Is it common ?
nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2004, 04:51 PM   #2
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing
i just bought a air driven protien skimmer. Bought it at 8 dollar. But when i put into my 1.4 feet tank. The bubbles just rush to the top.. making it overflow. And spashling my place all over it. Is it common ?
It will mess up ur whole place good luck bro.
Old 30-04-2004, 04:59 PM   #3
nothing
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterz1975
It will mess up ur whole place good luck bro.
haha.. i know will mess up the whole place.. that why i need to ask u brother here.. is it common.. or something wrong with my protien skimmer ?
Old 30-04-2004, 05:08 PM   #4
nothing
Arofanatic

or can i don put protien skimmer in my small tank?? Can i remove the protien skimmer.. as i don wish to mess up my place.. i know protien skimmer is to remove those organic waste.. can i just change the water more frequently instead of using the protien skimmer??
Old 30-04-2004, 05:25 PM   #5
tansh

Quote:
I think ur pump is too strong,try install air valve to the air tube and adjust to the level u want the bubbles to be rise at,hope this help u.
Old 30-04-2004, 06:54 PM   #6
KaLiB

Quote:
or can i don put protien skimmer in my small tank?? Can i remove the protien skimmer.. as i don wish to mess up my place.. i know protien skimmer is to remove those organic waste.. can i just change the water more frequently instead of using the protien skimmer??
You can change water more frequently also.

Hmm.. have you tried adjusting the skimmer? Maybe it was placed too low, from what i know, when placed too low the skimmer will skim alot of water and may cause the collection cup to fill up and overflow.
Old 30-04-2004, 07:30 PM   #7
nothing
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLiB
You can change water more frequently also.

Hmm.. have you tried adjusting the skimmer? Maybe it was placed too low, from what i know, when placed too low the skimmer will skim alot of water and may cause the collection cup to fill up and overflow.
yaya.. when i place the top above the water level.. but hor.. it will go down again.. if more frequent change of water can be made instead of putting the protien skimmer.. then i think i will remove my protien skimmer..
Old 30-04-2004, 08:30 PM   #8
monsterz1975

Quote:
yaya.. when i place the top above the water level.. but hor.. it will go down again.. if more frequent change of water can be made instead of putting the protien skimmer.. then i think i will remove my protien skimmer..
Maybe can try to change to a small air pump or a tom skimmer cost not more than $10.