Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 30-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #31
Leopard88

Last time, silicon are very expensive and not commonly sold over counters. Mainly for industrial purpose. Hence silicon glass tanks are for well off hobbyist.

When 7 year old, I found, as 1 comment above, a cement tank about 3ft long with only a glass panel in front. All other sides are cement. Imagine the weight !! Glass panel stuck to the cement with soft clay !! No lights, air pump, filter.....absolutely nothing other than water and plants. Very good for 'fighting fish' (now upmarket and call it Betta) breeding as it is dark. Can hardly see the fishes spawn inside tank .

If tank leaks, just buy those 'aquarium clay' and mend the crack.

Damn heavy tank when tried to carry home with brother. But that was the joy of fish keeping for many years till able to afford a full glass tank of 1ft lenght by 8 inches width, still joined by 'aquarium clay' with 'L'-shape iron strips to hold glass panels together !!
Old 31-03-2005, 12:24 AM   #32
MPeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo
yup, last time where got $$$ to buy fish tanks. get whatever containers, clean them and put our dearly beloved fish inside.
i still remember when i was small, i bath together with my goldfish which my mum bought for me. thought i need to bath, so does my goldfish. of course, it could last more than 2 hours after that. after that, no more fishes from her.
innocence of a child.....
Wah yours is the 1st case i came across got ginnar bring fish in to bathe... i've heard of ginnars bringing in hamsters to bathe with them though... haha...

Btw, watz the thing that killed ur goldfish? The soap is it?

Thanks to all bros who up my rep points because of this thread...
Old 31-03-2005, 01:56 AM   #33
explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by af2373
not those metal container....it's those glass type ones lah....looks something like those horlicks bottle too....just smaller in size....
Jam bottles
Old 31-03-2005, 02:01 AM   #34
explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeX
Now that u mentioned "fish-roti", i suddenly remembered i used to feed my fishes that too!

Itz those round crispy white bread, no added vitamins or nutrients but my fish still gobbled them up anyway... haha... are they still selling that anyway, haven't seen it in any lfs in recent years...
Haven't seen those in recent years. Nowadays the fish all good life liao. Pellets got all kids of good stuff like spirirula, vitamin, colour enhancers, minerals etc etc...Somemore the bugger sometimes refuse to eat!!! LOL!!
Old 31-03-2005, 02:04 AM   #35
explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo
yup, last time where got $$$ to buy fish tanks. get whatever containers, clean them and put our dearly beloved fish inside.
i still remember when i was small, i bath together with my goldfish which my mum bought for me. thought i need to bath, so does my goldfish. of course, it could last more than 2 hours after that. after that, no more fishes from her.
innocence of a child.....
Haha! That was funny.
Old 31-03-2005, 02:10 AM   #36
explorer

That was 30yrs ago man .Time really flies. I am 37 years old this year .Got 2 kids liao. They totally not interested in fishes /birds /spiders.
They are into Gameboys ,Play stations, X-box and recently, handphones.... sign...
Old 31-03-2005, 04:04 AM   #37
MPeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer
That was 30yrs ago man .Time really flies. I am 37 years old this year .Got 2 kids liao. They totally not interested in fishes /birds /spiders.
They are into Gameboys ,Play stations, X-box and recently, handphones.... sign...
Don't say ur kids not interested in these things...

My brother is just 5 yrs my junior and he always goes "ma, why the heck kor kor spend so much time and money on these bo liao things..." when i'm doing my water changes/maintainance etc.... he doesn't give 2 hoots about keeping pets...
Old 31-03-2005, 04:11 PM   #38
B4by[b]0i

wa...i see all the kor kor here talk abt 10+++ yrs ago when they are young.. i feel so un-exist caz i not even born lolx
Old 31-03-2005, 04:21 PM   #39
amigo
Dragon

i remember after i bath, i stop the water from going into the drain (don't have bath tub then) and introduce my little goldfish. must be the soap that kill it. that's why my mum never buy anymore fishes for me after that.
i feel sorry now that i recall what i did. when i was young, do all the funny things...
amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2005, 10:39 PM   #40
explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4by[b]0i
wa...i see all the kor kor here talk abt 10+++ yrs ago when they are young.. i feel so un-exist caz i not even born lolx
Its 30yrs ago di di .On behalf of all the old folks in this thread, sorry to bother you with all these grandfather stories.... Hope you find them interesting as well as amusing