Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 28-03-2005, 12:21 AM   #1
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Default first time setup comment pls

hi all finally after a long long talking only sesion, had my more decent looking planted tank setup up today. pls feel free to comment. no co2 dosgae, no base fert, using root monster for RTL. only flora inside is RTL and java ferns. lighting only on when ever i like for a period of time. have to wait till overall mature more just finished 3 hours ago. first time doing a planned setup.sry for the bad photo taking. used my handphone camera to take de
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture(1).jpg (32.1 KB, 407 views)
File Type: jpg Picture(2).jpg (31.3 KB, 397 views)
File Type: jpg Picture(3).jpg (28.4 KB, 395 views)
File Type: jpg Picture(4).jpg (27.7 KB, 401 views)
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 12:26 AM   #2
|squee|

You've got a very nice peice of driftwood, but I feel that it can be in a better position , maybe more to the left, closer to the lotus?

Plant more plants man, otherwise damn soon will get algae problems. Good job!
Old 28-03-2005, 12:29 AM   #3
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by |squee|
You've got a very nice peice of driftwood, but I feel that it can be in a better position , maybe more to the left, closer to the lotus?

Plant more plants man, otherwise damn soon will get algae problems. Good job!
?? can explina how?? cause no co2 injection, also lights not always on and some more no add base fert. can explain?? only on full power blast when taking photo or when friends come. also its a 5 ft ^.^ do until back want to break liao 2 ft tank some more whole tank+ cabinet standing almost 5 ft in height damn xiong
Old 28-03-2005, 07:33 PM   #4
onlyyouknow
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon
?? can explina how?? cause no co2 injection, also lights not always on and some more no add base fert. can explain?? only on full power blast when taking photo or when friends come. also its a 5 ft ^.^ do until back want to break liao 2 ft tank some more whole tank+ cabinet standing almost 5 ft in height damn xiong
Hi,

Maybe you would like to shift the driftwood to the golden ratio point(think its 1:1.618) so that it becomes the focal point of your tank. Adding more plants would also improve the look cos it is a very big tank and looking kind of empty now. Why not on the lights on a regular basis? Not very good for plants and fauna to on the lights at weird times of the day.

Cheers,
Lawrance
onlyyouknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 11:51 PM   #5
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyyouknow
Hi,

Maybe you would like to shift the driftwood to the golden ratio point(think its 1:1.618) so that it becomes the focal point of your tank. Adding more plants would also improve the look cos it is a very big tank and looking kind of empty now. Why not on the lights on a regular basis? Not very good for plants and fauna to on the lights at weird times of the day.

Cheers,
Lawrance
wanted to. but even at night i on just 1 row of lights nia my sister there KPKB liao. say wat very bright tell me off. i on 2 rows tell me pay electrical bill. when on all 4 rows. no need to tahan 5 minutes they auto off all for me liao so no choice. everyday kanna KPKB for switching on all lights. fishes not yet in so looks more empty. the central bare spot if the location where me altums will spread and "stretch" their fins. not wantint to make DW a focal point. wanna combine DW and RTL together so they are both 1 focal point together. may be getting in some more plants to bland in but dunno wta plants will bland in nice given those harsh conditions i have. >.< any bros recommend any plants??
Old 01-04-2005, 05:13 PM   #6
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Default ***update***

hi all. now wif fish in liao. 7 altums, 24 cardinals and 2 otos ^.^
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture(1).jpg (39.8 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpg Picture(2).jpg (39.4 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg Picture(3).jpg (45.1 KB, 264 views)
File Type: jpg Picture(5).jpg (42.9 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg Picture(6).jpg (43.0 KB, 251 views)
Old 01-04-2005, 05:18 PM   #7
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Default part 2

part 2 of my pic ^.^ keep the comments coming in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture(8).jpg (45.4 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg Picture(7).jpg (40.5 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg Picture(10).jpg (47.9 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg Picture(4).jpg (48.1 KB, 240 views)
Old 01-04-2005, 09:51 PM   #8
elimmel
Senior Dragon

nice setup
really try to add more plants. maybe some echinodorus plants like ozelot?
amazon sword also nice.
even though your lights are not on for long, you may still get brown algae.
anyway, your rtl may no like it if light duration is not long enough. i'd up to 6hrs.
more plants will help your filter in the biofiltration.
ammonia when not kept in check, will trigger off algae.
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:09 PM   #9
kayser78

Nice setup. To check if the RTL is doing well, check for any discolouration of the leaves. Also see if there are bubbles at the bottom of the leaves.

perhaps just on the light continuous for 5-6 hours a day minimum and off for the rest of the day, maybe you will get less complaint. If not then educate them the needs for light requirements. End result will then be a beautiful piece of artwork for appreciation in the house.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:33 PM   #10
REDDOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by |squee|
damn nice driftwood sia !!! ................