Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 30-08-2005, 03:52 PM   #61
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
partly could be due to sunlight...but there are some juvenile reds which are sighted in our waters which displayed red even those washed up the shores of the reservoir have shown some colors which are quite impossible to achieve in tank condition (uncontrolled)

Light with 6500k (closer to sunlight) have little impact compared to the other color temp I have tested...other ranges reacted better IMO...6500k is abit slow...fade at the same rate though

Which is the point I am trying to make....

Pond or nature dynamic environment is a total different ball game then our tank environment...this is what I found what after I went into farming...I have to re-learn a new language.

U see....all these are hypnotises...researcher putting words and terms into what they found out....but non of them ever confirm their finding...they always put two version across, one point supporting their claim and another vice versa. Including the email I attached in my earlier post.

Whats important for hobbyist is to try to understand certain points...example stable environment, good gene, stress etc etc to help them improve.
Old 30-08-2005, 03:55 PM   #62
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic
Not juz panda....farms I have visited include...Lake Ocean, Kim Kang, SABF, DFI, Max, and a couple of other malaysian farms too.

All these show...what I mentioned earlier...full crossing...with a couple (1-2) showing almost full crossing...with Kim Kang, Sian long the most impressive...i.e. the intensive gold and shine.

Most of them uses spring water or river water...not unlike their nature habitat...

So there must be other reason.
yes KK, sianlong have one of the best XB around...

I have also heard about the better XB will not fade in top rings even if they are thrown inside ponds...dunno how true

anyway I also normally dun look at golds one...the reds ponds I would usually go

If not for the water, wat else at play?....stress then they reduce in shine?

cos this part on XB reduction in shine I still dun quite grasp...certain XB will go down in shine I observed

Old 30-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #63
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic
Which is the point I am trying to make....

Pond or nature dynamic environment is a total different ball game then our tank environment...this is what I found what after I went into farming...I have to re-learn a new language.

U see....all these are hypnotises...researcher putting words and terms into what they found out....but non of them ever confirm their finding...they always put two version across, one point supporting their claim and another vice versa. Including the email I attached in my earlier post.

Whats important for hobbyist is to try to understand certain points...example stable environment, good gene, stress etc etc to help them improve.
exactly .... its good for the average hobbyist to know wat has been tested/researched on but to bear in mind that wat one has read may not be the whole truth and is only part of the findings only ... another group of researchers may jolly well be into proving the first results were wrong ... knowing is one thing ... keeping an open mind will let us learn more .... if we think we have reached and is already there, then there is nothing else to learn .... one thing I can say for myself is that the more I learnt about aros, the more I realise how little I actually know and things that I previously believed as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth is really not the whole truth but just a version of wat could be.
Old 30-08-2005, 04:05 PM   #64
vic
Dragon

Quote:
yes KK, sianlong have one of the best XB around...

I have also heard about the better XB will not fade in top rings even if they are thrown inside ponds...dunno how true

anyway I also normally dun look at golds one...the reds ponds I would usually go

If not for the water, wat else at play?....stress then they reduce in shine?

cos this part on XB reduction in shine I still dun quite grasp...certain XB will go down in shine I observed

The crossing part in pond I am trying to find out too...

For your other question...Water and gene...

Good ones will cross fully...and exhibit good shine and gold.

They in fact need a more demanding water parameter than red.

Since this thread is about red....lets go back to the topic
Old 30-08-2005, 04:11 PM   #65
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic

thks for ur input...indeed fruitful...like an old saying u need to throw a brick out to attract a jade to come in...

at least this is very good discussion point

I was told tat gold requires better water parameters, but they thrive under constant changes...both gold and reds embarked on different routes...

Old 30-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #66
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkelhock
Ed so how many Ks are good enough....12,000K??
Ah hock ah hock....u never read my attachment ar?? Its not about Kelvin...its more about wavelength of the light. Kelvin is more about the colour tone of the light....more bluish or reddish.
Old 30-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #67
Panther
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic

Bro Vic, In what way are they more demanding than reds? Many oredi say golds only eat, grow and show shine while reds can afford this type of 21+ pages thread, many don't think golds are as diificult or challenging?
Old 30-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #68
Panther
Dragon

Bro Kage,

Haha...seems the thread has inevitably moved on to the effects of lighting affecting the development of reds...care to share more?

Also agree this is a fun thread...so much of knowledge from keeping other fishes can be applied and vice versa...
Old 30-08-2005, 04:59 PM   #69
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
Bro Kage,

Haha...seems the thread has inevitably moved on to the effects of lighting affecting the development of reds...care to share more?

Also agree this is a fun thread...so much of knowledge from keeping other fishes can be applied and vice versa...
lights are used to boost, enhance, or rather max out the potential of a red if used correctly...

If used wrongly, it will induce stress, reduction in appetite, or even reduction in color

there are various writeups which I detailed the necessary steps to do b4 tanning in some thread...u can do a search...I abit too inert to check and tag all my writings

this is the end result of one test subject after 2 weeks tanning:

the before pix was taken out of the gallery of my Abang liao hence hard to do a comparison

Old 30-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #70
kimkuan

Quote:
lights are used to boost, enhance, or rather max out the potential of a red if used correctly...

If used wrongly, it will induce stress, reduction in appetite, or even reduction in color

there are various writeups which I detailed the necessary steps to do b4 tanning in some thread...u can do a search...I abit too inert to check and tag all my writings

this is the end result of one test subject after 2 weeks tanning:

the before pix was taken out of the gallery of my Abang liao hence hard to do a comparison

does the colour remains after the tanning stops?