Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Catfish Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 15-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #111
ajustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfloyd777 View Post
hello guys, can i join the club?

i recently got a piece but now still stabling the tank he's in.
Welcome mate! Think you got that big pc rite from the bid?
Old 17-05-2008, 11:37 PM   #112
jebus
Dragon

a pic of my now 120mm pacman

now it eats like 4-5 ANS jumbo pellets a day
jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #113
pinkfloyd777

hello all, i can only dl my pacman's pics later maybe on monday. come dis sunday will be exactly 3 weeks since i have it in my tank. but have u notice dat dis guy tend to gulp the pebble too sometimes wen in search for food? but after a few seconds will throw it back out. i worry that it will swallow the pebble straight in. i guess shouldn't happen rite? wat do u tink?

mine diet is morning hikari carnivorous pellet around 10 tabs max (only now started increasing qty after started with 5 or 6) since it's growing and seems can't get enuff. but i told myself must have limit following ben's advise dat tabs will expand in it's belly so avoid overfeed since can be fatal. evening will feed it mp. but now it seems dat can't get anymore prawns with shells intact in supermarkets; the one comes packed like 100 gms, so i got myself those tiger prawn in ntuc; the one selling by the weight. And end up buying a piece of solid and good tiger prawn for like 33 cents. It's a little odd to buy just a piece but auntie still happily served me, weight and tag the price tag and all. No questions asked. All for pacman.... I guess it's worth the effort yah. for our pacman. Somemore dis guy can only finish it like more than a week dis one piece of prawn.
Old 23-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #114
jebus
Dragon

Quote:
hello all, i can only dl my pacman's pics later maybe on monday. come dis sunday will be exactly 3 weeks since i have it in my tank. but have u notice dat dis guy tend to gulp the pebble too sometimes wen in search for food? but after a few seconds will throw it back out. i worry that it will swallow the pebble straight in. i guess shouldn't happen rite? wat do u tink?

mine diet is morning hikari carnivorous pellet around 10 tabs max (only now started increasing qty after started with 5 or 6) since it's growing and seems can't get enuff. but i told myself must have limit following ben's advise dat tabs will expand in it's belly so avoid overfeed since can be fatal. evening will feed it mp. but now it seems dat can't get anymore prawns with shells intact in supermarkets; the one comes packed like 100 gms, so i got myself those tiger prawn in ntuc; the one selling by the weight. And end up buying a piece of solid and good tiger prawn for like 33 cents. It's a little odd to buy just a piece but auntie still happily served me, weight and tag the price tag and all. No questions asked. All for pacman.... I guess it's worth the effort yah. for our pacman. Somemore dis guy can only finish it like more than a week dis one piece of prawn.
how big is ur guy alrdy?
jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #115
pinkfloyd777

Default my pacman pics

pacman is now 5.5 inches. i took quite a few pictures but today will post three pics.

this one should be mealtime....starting out for the tabs

Last edited by pinkfloyd777; 26-05-2008 at 01:11 PM. Reason: one word short
Old 26-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #116
pinkfloyd777

he likes to play with current sometimes, hang around directly under water outlet of ohf... this one is sideview of tank.
Old 26-05-2008, 02:52 PM   #117
pinkfloyd777

before mealtime....

Old 26-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #118
pinkfloyd777

bros, i wanna ask one thing whether anyone knows. why dis guy likes to do the 'boogie' shaking its body till all debris fly. He likes to do this after meals most of the times. I can hear the rattling of the pebbles even when I sit across the living room. Is it he wants to create a depression so he can go underneath the pebbles. if this is the reason poor guy he never succeeded since the pebbles a little too big and heavy for him. I think I made a mistake placing too big pebbles for him. Thinking of changing the pebbles to smaller ones to let him 'disappear' anytime he wants but it'll be a big job......

Last edited by pinkfloyd777; 26-05-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 26-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #119
Jarrick
Dragon

Quote:
bros, i wanna ask one thing whether anyone knows. why dis guy likes to do the 'boogie' shaking its body till all debris fly. He likes to do this after meals most of the times. I can hear the rattling of the pebbles even when I sit across the living room. Is it he wants to create a depression so he can go underneath the pebbles. if this is the reason poor guy he never succeeded since the pebbles a little too big and heavy for him. I think I made a mistake placing too big pebbles for him. Thinking of changing the pebbles to smaller ones to let him 'disappear' anytime he wants but it'll be a big job......
i suggest sand instead of pebbles..
Jarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #120
pinkfloyd777

woah sand is much more preferred by pacman sure but difficult to clean lah bro. if pebbles at least can suck the debris up. tks jarrick. will think about it. mistake already lah, my water start to stabilise now but here i'm thinking of changing the base...wrong timing. probably i just let it be for the time being.