Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 02-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #51
coyote66

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjy View Post
i believe there wont be job singaporean wont want to do if they pay accordingly,just an excuse from those employer trying to cut cost for more profit,yrs past people are smarter,old timer had been use by those employer before,who wanna stupid and work so hard for them again and earn peanut?rich country with same level with us are paying their cleaner more then 3k per mth,no need 3k,if we pay our cleaner 2k,u see no people work?the Q can reach until jurong.what wrong with cleaner earning more money?gov always just pls and listen to employer,what to do.no boss no job created,now short of manpower in the market,cannot afford to do business and pay well to your worker,dont do business,go work as an employee and feel the taste.
gov dun determine clearner's pay
all pay are determine by market forces

company are around for one thing
PROFIT
unless they are charitable company like ren ci or nkf
even a company want to be charitable and patroitic
there is a limit to it to stay competitive

"cannot afford to do business and pay well to your worker,dont do business,go work as an employee and feel the taste"
the above statement is rather uncalled for
you are taking the "pay well" thing (higher than market rate) for granted
it is a charitable act if employer do so
people have pity on you and they decide to pay you above market rate
NOT A PRIVILLEGE
if you are not willing to accept market rate, don't work for people, go and be your own boss and feel the taste

this issue is more or less related to free trade agreement between countries
btw i am on a payroll hor

and btw again.........when two products
all things equal, one made in singapore ($1600)
one made in foreign countries ($800)
u buy which one?

i am not against singaporean
but it is a fact that we are too pampered and spoilt
that we are not longer competitive compared to foreigners

we singaporean have to change the mindset and improve
protection measures is like an obliged father taking care of his imbecile child
there must be a balanced between the 2
beside leaving everything to market forces
the imbecile child must improve and be able compete with normal child on normal market terms and not hide under the shelter and comfort of his father

Last edited by coyote66; 02-07-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #52
zjy

1) gov can choose to control but not to do so,why?profit?not to pay decent pay to those cleaner and let sub-con to take over for bidding and depress the pay,cheaper,better,faster,m i right?if your mom is a cleaner,how will u feel?
how do u train your mum to be better to complete with others?we dont expect boss to do charity,pay what u has to pay them as i mention above,already list out the caluation and u still dont get it?there are people making use of this policy,dont u agree with me?

2) one is $800,one is $1600.if everyone is looking for the cheaperst,u wont see LV bag ard,quality that count,gd thing never will come cheap,unless u want an imitation.now u are looking at cheapest,faster,better,what is the living standard there and what is the living standard here?how many % are u so call choosy and lazy?and how many % that are willing to work but earn peanut and let u guys making use of?

i dont work for people,but i can feel for them.
singaporean to change mindset or gov think hard to change the policy they make?the way u talk make me wonder money should come 1st then anything else.no offence bro,i say what i think,hope u dont mind,correct me if im wrong.

if singaporean are lazy,u will see lot of people not working,in this kind of situation with under pay,people are still working.they dont hv a choice.
pay them million to make thing more difficult for the people?find more people in to let them hv a hard time?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #53
zjy

bro i make it simple,if they can bulid a house in thier own country after working few yrs here,why not?and if u are a singaporean working as hard as them and earn a 3meal here,what is the point?singaporean become lazy or they are hopeless?if i can work few yrs here and bulid a hse for my own in my country,i can work harder then them.so how to compare bro?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #54
jest1081
Dragon

Quote:
i believe there wont be job singaporean wont want to do if they pay accordingly,just an excuse from those employer trying to cut cost for more profit,yrs past people are smarter,old timer had been use by those employer before,who wanna stupid and work so hard for them again and earn peanut?rich country with same level with us are paying their cleaner more then 3k per mth,no need 3k,if we pay our cleaner 2k,u see no people work?the Q can reach until jurong.what wrong with cleaner earning more money?gov always just pls and listen to employer,what to do.no boss no job created,now short of manpower in the market,cannot afford to do business and pay well to your worker,dont do business,go work as an employee and feel the taste.
untrue. singaporeans are picky.
jest1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #55
globalcookie
Dragon

Say, if i'm paid $3k now... and i'm going for another job, say...same job, I won't accept lower pay. In fact, I will expect an better offer. That is, picky!

And I hv heard pple looking for jobs... I don't want this, I don't want that... too far, too this too that.

One example... my first job offer after army. I lived in Hougang then. Agency asked if distance was an issue, I said no (travel from home to camp was 1hr 15mins then). She arrg an interview in Tuas. Journey took 2.5hrs (started journey at 9am I think), one way. The employerer offered me the job, I declined. He offered $50 tpt allowance, I said he can keep it.

I am picky. Even if he upped the offer by another $200, I will still reject. Imagine off peak hour travel took 2.5hrs one way. Crazy.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #56
AlvinLeong
Dragon

I confirmed picky.

Me want good benefits, lobo, high pay, high post and near home. So until now still looking. Anybody got lobang, PM me.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #57
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
bro i make it simple,if they can bulid a house in thier own country after working few yrs here,why not?and if u are a singaporean working as hard as them and earn a 3meal here,what is the point?singaporean become lazy or they are hopeless?if i can work few yrs here and bulid a hse for my own in my country,i can work harder then them.so how to compare bro?
make it simple
have you ever started your own company and employ staff?
richardg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #58
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinLeong View Post
I confirmed picky.

Me want good benefits, lobo, high pay, high post and near home. So until now still looking. Anybody got lobang, PM me.
Run for MP at your constituency.... preferably with PAP to ensure victory....

Better still if got GRC...just hide behind Ministers and walk into Parliament....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #59
zjy

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
make it simple
have you ever started your own company and employ staff?
being doing this since i was young.

start with an aquarium in bishan,yrs 1997.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #60
zjy

if u want to start a new aquarium shop,ktv pub,selling your property,come find me anytime,i teach u how to start free of charge.if u want side line,must ask roti john for approval.