Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 27-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
FanAromatic
Dragon

Default Pinpoint PH meter

Hello Everyone,

Gotten a 2nd hand PH meter from a nice bro here. This is my first PH meter, as I used a test pen.

1) I am putting this meter at the sump tank, should I permanently put the probe in the water or should I put in and measured the reading, after that take it out ?

2) How long should I clean the probe ? what is the method of cleaning the probe ?

Thanks for your kind advise.
FanAromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanAromatic View Post
Hello Everyone,

Gotten a 2nd hand PH meter from a nice bro here. This is my first PH meter, as I used a test pen.

1) I am putting this meter at the sump tank, should I permanently put the probe in the water or should I put in and measured the reading, after that take it out ?

2) How long should I clean the probe ? what is the method of cleaning the probe ?

Thanks for your kind advise.

Bro..the probe should not be dry. Hence, in my case, I place it permamently in the sump, else you have to keep in the probe container with water.

You may need to change to probe already, since you get 2nd hand. Use your ph pen to calibrate and monitor the "life-span" of accuracy.
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
Censis
Dragon

Bro try to keep the probe in water all the time..

Best if u don't stick the probe too deep in water, as stated on instructions, will fasten the lifespan of probe.

But the thing is my water level in my sump drops constantly everyday.. So sometimes if I put just under the water, in the next few days it might be out of water already..

So now a days I just stick in deeper underwater, so it will remain wet all the time.
Censis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
rtgaroaro
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Censis View Post

Best if u don't stick the probe too deep in water, as stated on instructions, will fasten the lifespan of probe.

But the thing is my water level in my sump drops constantly everyday.. So sometimes if I put just under the water, in the next few days it might be out of water already..

So now a days I just stick in deeper underwater, so it will remain wet all the time.
u need auto water fill up system bro.
rtgaroaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
Censis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgaroaro View Post
u need auto water fill up system bro.
What's that? How to do? Haha..

For me every few days must too up a pail of water into sump.. If not water will drop until under pump, then pump make a lot of noise..
Old 27-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
What's that? How to do? Haha..

For me every few days must too up a pail of water into sump.. If not water will drop until under pump, then pump make a lot of noise..
Do you do water change? My water level rarely drops below pump level, my water change now is only once weekly.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #7
Censis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Do you do water change? My water level rarely drops below pump level, my water change now is only once weekly.
Yes I do wc once per week.. But before 5-7 days my water will drop under the pump.
Old 27-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #8
FanAromatic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutx View Post
Bro..the probe should not be dry. Hence, in my case, I place it permamently in the sump, else you have to keep in the probe container with water.

You may need to change to probe already, since you get 2nd hand. Use your ph pen to calibrate and monitor the "life-span" of accuracy.
Thanks for sharing the info, bro nutx.

Oh... I checked and re-calibrate the meter together with the test pen, and the conditions are good, including the probe. I thought the probe can last for a lifetime, unless is broken ?

Do I need to clean the probe every now and then, or wait for some period of time ?

Last edited by FanAromatic; 27-04-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old 27-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #9
FanAromatic
Dragon

Quote:

Thanks bro. I was lucky that the probe has not been out of the water, I change water once every week, usually, it is within the acceptable limit, my probe was just nice below the water level before I water change this morning, now I have to adjust it a little to be sure.

Last edited by FanAromatic; 27-04-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 28-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
Aro player
Arofanatic

The probe need to be replace every 18 to 20 mths for accuracy reading. Meter reading set will last if good care are taken of. Every 2 week, brush the tip of the probe. You should see some white puffy stuffs coming out.
Aro player is offline   Reply With Quote