Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 15-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #31
hkh
Arofanatic

North Korea....where neither student nor social activism is encouraged.....

Life is competitive for ordinary people just to survive everyday....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #32
DarkMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
How many of u think ur job position will still be available in 5 or 10 years time?
How many of u think the company will still employ u by then?
What if the foriegn investment all don't come in?

think of it feel damn moody.. like govt never talk about our SG future plan or what.. only talk about no enough people need hire foriegner and productivity...

do they forsee future sg will still be an attractive place to invest if our neighboring country push for a more open and aggressive policy to attract all of the investment to their end?

school always emphasises on result result result and not enough room for freedom, innovative, entrepreneurship building for our children and future create so many executive and engineers also no use coz no company to work for O_O;;
Our future will be generations and generations of our descendents being slaves to the PAP regime (and perhaps the Lee family dynasty) economically, socially and politically. (unless effective action is taken to stop the PAP and remove the PAP from power)
Old 15-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #33
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
North Korea....where neither student nor social activism is encouraged.....

Life is competitive for ordinary people just to survive everyday....
Hmmmhhh.
Yeah that one too.

Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile
Ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #34
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

today don't know tomorr thing ......... see open la ....can wake up ... earn 1 more day .
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #35
aromatix
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
Although not gone thogh ur experience, I'm not good academically.. Only has an n level pass only technical and 2nd language and ntc-2.. Study pt diploma thereafter and now struggling for my pt degree.. 32 years old not much saving and no gf... But i know about the reality my position wun be available in two or three years time.. Although buay ta chey but LL need keep upgrading coz if i don i think sooner or later i will be jobless without option. Maybe it's my mid term crisis issue haha.. Life a struggle in sg.. Some of the things no matter how we enhance or upgrade if there is no market there or they prefer china girl sweet young thing as a subsitute still LL.. After finish my degree i think i need to start planning what i should be doing.. Or save up money go open chicken rice stall sell chicken to u
then bro may i humbly suggest you don't pursue the academic side of things.
seriously, my degree is not being used. i had 4 years of extended holiday in the uni when i could be out there making a headstart.
if you're better with making things - making good chicken rice is an art - why not start there? take up a job at a chicken rice joint. learn all you can. as with all human relationships, you need to start somewhere. if you eat humble pie for 2 or 3 years, you may be allowed into the inner circle of how to cook the chicken to perfection and make the rice just fluffy and fragrant enuf .....
kns, makin me hungry liao......
aromatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #36
Aces
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aromatix View Post
then bro may i humbly suggest you don't pursue the academic side of things.
seriously, my degree is not being used. i had 4 years of extended holiday in the uni when i could be out there making a headstart.
if you're better with making things - making good chicken rice is an art - why not start there? take up a job at a chicken rice joint. learn all you can. as with all human relationships, you need to start somewhere. if you eat humble pie for 2 or 3 years, you may be allowed into the inner circle of how to cook the chicken to perfection and make the rice just fluffy and fragrant enuf .....
kns, makin me hungry liao......
next year finish degree liao.. thereafter will see what opportunity.. i may go to learn some skilled courses.. find more useful.. bakery etc haha.. at least 40+ tio chop liao got captial and skill to open a small shop tan jia tan jia..
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #37
Ah_ZhaN
Arofanatic

Unemployment rises slightly, job vacancies decline in Q1 2012

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_811253.html

Unemployment rose slightly and employment eased in the first quarter of 2012, while job vacancies also declined, suggesting that manpower shortages have eased.

The key findings from the Labour Market, First Quarter 2012 report were released on Friday morning by the Ministry of Manpower's Research and Statistics Department.

The report found, among other things, that employment creation moderated, though it remained fairly strong.

Total employment rose by 27,200 in the first quarter of 2012. This was lower than the seasonal high increase of 37,600 in the fourth quarter and 28,300 in the first quarter of 2011.
Ah_ZhaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #38
aromatix
Dragon

i'm in the midst of recruiting for 2 positions in customer service and logistics; and let me tell you the softening employment market makes no hoot of a diff to small and medium enterprises ....
it's still damn hard to find good people
aromatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #39
WaveSurfer
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aromatix View Post
i'm in the midst of recruiting for 2 positions in customer service and logistics; and let me tell you the softening employment market makes no hoot of a diff to small and medium enterprises ....
it's still damn hard to find good people
Hi bro,

Sent you a PM.
WaveSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #40
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAO LUO View Post
today don't know tomorr thing ......... see open la ....can wake up ... earn 1 more day .
We can do that.... But our children and fishes chan liao if one day we fail to wake up.....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote