Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 10-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #71
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
The petrol excise duty in Singapore is set at a rate of $0.41 per litre for 92- and 95-octane petrol, and $0.44 per litre for petrol rated 97 octane and above. As with all other products, there is the additional seven per cent GST charge...
That's what they claim.

M'sia RON97 petrol is RM2.80. Singapore's RON98 is abt.. $1.96. Difference being S$0.817/litre.

M'sia gov claimed they subsidize petrol. In actual, they are likely saying they don't tax much on petrol since they hv crude oil.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #72
byfun
Arofanatic

Quote:
If they truly practice free trade..... Then why impose 3/4 tank rule on cars entering Malaysia.....they should let us pump petrol there since it's cheaper....until petrol price in Singapore falls to an acceptable level under market forces.......
Yes the 3/4 should not exist anymore because for foreign cars in Msia we are not allowed to pump ron95 petrol. We can only pump ron97 which is not subsided in Malaysia.

End of day it's all about money for Spore gov.
byfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #73
jest1081
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinLeong View Post
I confirmed picky.

Me want good benefits, lobo, high pay, high post and near home. So until now still looking. Anybody got lobang, PM me.
ok to be picky if one has experience.

its the youngins these days whom are picky. haha
jest1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #74
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfun View Post
Yes the 3/4 should not exist anymore because for foreign cars in Msia we are not allowed to pump ron95 petrol. We can only pump ron97 which is not subsided in Malaysia.

End of day it's all about money for Spore gov.
Look at what happened to CNG..... Practically it's dead now..... Just don't understand why it is not promoted extensively as in Korea as part of our efforts to go green.....

Do our garment know how many of our road users have suffered because of the reverse in policy.....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #75
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMind View Post
I agree with what you wrote above.

But I would like to add: Lee Kuan Yew never regarded us as children of Singapore. He has only taken care of his own flesh and blood. The majority of us are nothing but "digits" to him to maintain his family's wealth, power and business empire. (incidentally, it is to this end that a large part of the Singapore National budget is put into the military ---- instead of being spend on social welfare for those who really need it, for example). Singapore actually have some very powerful secret weapons that are quite cutting-edge. Unfortunately, the majority of the reservists have low morale and little reason to fight a war, because such a war is likely to mean that the reservists are merely defending the wealth and empire of the rich and political elites of Singapore who have much more to lose if Singapore falls to a foreign government.The political elites here fear Malaysia and Indonesia.)
Conspiracy theorist? Or do u really know for a fact?
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #76
Cichlid_fan
Arofanatic

Seems like someone can't find his dic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjy View Post
come here so many teacher give me english test.
my angmo limit,if want explain,take me very long time cus it need a long page.i go check dictionary,make sure i dont write wrong words,later bomb left right i one person cannot handle.be patient and wait for my reply.
Cichlid_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #77
bobbysayang
Arofanatic

Quote:
Look at what happened to CNG..... Practically it's dead now..... Just don't understand why it is not promoted extensively as in Korea as part of our efforts to go green.....

Do our garment know how many of our road users have suffered because of the reverse in policy.....
Don't think they were really interested in promoting CNG usage, only wayang a bit to show the green movement.

If they were, they would have built refilling stations all over the island! I'm pretty sure they can build the stations at the same speed they built ERP gantries if they were really serious.

They must protect the big oil companies, if demand for petrol drops, they will be affected, revenue also will be affected.
bobbysayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #78
globalcookie
Dragon

When Singapore Government talk abt green.. simi Gia... tcss nia!

Green.... big joke. Than why scrap cars that are a mere 10yrs old? Green huh? So much wastage of materials and even food among them. I remb last time during BMT, we were given 1 egg for breakfast. Later, we see huge thrash bags of eggs being thrown away. Green... back to nature maybe?
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote