Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 23-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #51
Elvin_Law

My aunt doesn't speak English and not educated, she is more to hokkien, and she is observant too. She shared with me why we now see many foreign people is because : our jek hu gian lui. I am surprised that she is not very educated and yet she said something spotted on.
Old 23-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #52
byfun
Arofanatic

Spore gov not poor but Sporean definitely poor. Newspaper just mentioned that more rental flats will be make available due to the demand.

I thought our Minister say a $1000 salary and you can own your own flat ? So i suppose those renting is making $1000 or less and the people in this catergory is increasing so gov have to make more rental flats available to cope with the demand from this category of Sporean.
byfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #53
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfun View Post
Spore gov not poor but Sporean definitely poor. Newspaper just mentioned that more rental flats will be make available due to the demand.

I thought our Minister say a $1000 salary and you can own your own flat ? So i suppose those renting is making $1000 or less and the people in this catergory is increasing so gov have to make more rental flats available to cope with the demand from this category of Sporean.
There is no shift in their mindset, and there perceivable truth about the people's predicament, they are only concerned about painting a rosy picture and continue to look thru their window sill from the high and tall ivory tower... Just look at the number of uncle and aunties selling tissue paper, pick up cardboxes and can.... queueing up for Today and Mypaper to sell to garang guni... This a local , uniquely singapore "phainomenon"
Old 23-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #54
kenza
Senior Dragon

When i 1st approach my MP for help, they still look helpful. 2nd time, still look friendly and approachable...then on the 3th time with the same issue, she (MP) start to get piss off and talk in a stern and unfriendly tone. That's where i give yup on PAP again.

I share my experience with my friends and all agreed that we have to help ourself 1st in order to be eligible for them to help us. I also notice they will help you fill up a form when you q to get the number with your name, adress, Edu back ground, income and company position. Can't help but wonder why or how is it releated to Edu or income?
kenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #55
byfun
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenza View Post
When i 1st approach my MP for help, they still look helpful. 2nd time, still look friendly and approachable...then on the 3th time with the same issue, she (MP) start to get piss off and talk in a stern and unfriendly tone. That's where i give yup on PAP again.

I share my experience with my friends and all agreed that we have to help ourself 1st in order to be eligible for them to help us. I also notice they will help you fill up a form when you q to get the number with your name, adress, Edu back ground, income and company position. Can't help but wonder why or how is it releated to Edu or income?
MP usually also go thru motion. You ask for help. They will help by writing letters of appeal on your behalf. End of day those gov department will kindly reject all these appeal with a standard reply and case close.

At least MP can say he tried and "fight" for your case but gov department don't accept, you and him also LL. MP has done his BEST liao ..
byfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #56
Humongous

Quote:

For a "wholesome and complete" Meet the People Session can go find....Assoc Prof Fatimah Lateef

"Sure" to have a refreshing outlook of the MIW.....
Old 24-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #57
DarkMind

Quote:

If like that, then one should not support those MPs when the General Elections come.
Old 24-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #58
stargazer
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfun View Post
MP usually also go thru motion. You ask for help. They will help by writing letters of appeal on your behalf. End of day those gov department will kindly reject all these appeal with a standard reply and case close.

At least MP can say he tried and "fight" for your case but gov department don't accept, you and him also LL. MP has done his BEST liao ..
Spot on! The fact is, as long as the letter is not signed by LHL, it is really without any power.

I haven't know of any MP who goes all out to help, persistently, if indeed the help warrants for it.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #59
ilovechilired

my ****ed up MP till now still cannot deliver wat he promised during the rally

maybe still thanking ppl for voting him and asking those didnt vote for him to co-operate.. ****ed up to the max lj bin MP
Old 25-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #60
dzylim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovechilired View Post
my ****ed up MP till now still cannot deliver wat he promised during the rally

maybe still thanking ppl for voting him and asking those didnt vote for him to co-operate.. ****ed up to the max lj bin MP
go to his meet the people's session and remind him of his promise.
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote