Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 22-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #31
dragon888
Arofanatic

with this move, is it considered as nationalizing the public transport? if yes, thought this was raised by Opp party and someone defended the current mode....and then now raise it as their own idea.....
dragon888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #32
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon888 View Post
with this move, is it considered as nationalizing the public transport? if yes, thought this was raised by Opp party and someone defended the current mode....and then now raise it as their own idea.....
I thought so too it's almost like the idea mooted by WP.........but then they like to play pattern more than badminton la.........
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #33
dragon888
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
i thought so too it's almost like the idea mooted by wp.........but then they like to play pattern more than badminton la......... :d
拿人家的屁股当自己的脸......:d:d
dragon888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #34
Aris
Arofanatic

I read that before this new "model" was announced, shares in Delgro, SMRT and SBS shot up.

Quite fishy isn't it?
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 11:49 AM   #35
Auratus
Arofanatic

Whatever fxxk models...means Huat Argh.......

They collect tax but when need to spent...they said no good model...but money go overseas invest here invest there. Su liu, quiet quiet, media cover here and there. If spent on public transport, hospitals, public services will ho se liao. But these fxxkers wants to join the world exclusive gambling clubs, own funds bo gao use public funds. Tan liu, own pocket but su liu, our pocket.
KNN, since they play international game, how many billions have Sg lost??? One tiny island, years of hard work let them game here and there. So far, what have come back from the winnings?
I keep reading how much our SG investment has grown, or how good Temasek has performed. WTF! What have they given to its people? Yah, at most some mask from Temasek...wah...so fxxking generous. KNNCCB!
COE, Singapore pools, ERP, these few takings enough, if a little goes to support some public services (not their salaries hor)....ppl will appreciated.

Si Pok Guy!

Last edited by Auratus; 22-05-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Auratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #36
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Juz like many years back when I told them to change the zebra crossing to traffic light control crossing in front of the East Spring Pri Sch, but the authority and MP said it's less than dunno how many metres from the next traffic light so cannot change. But some years later, they changed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon888 View Post
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #37
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
Juz like many years back when I told them to change the zebra crossing to traffic light control crossing in front of the East Spring Pri Sch, but the authority and MP said it's less than dunno how many metres from the next traffic light so cannot change. But some years later, they changed it.
haha happened to me many times.....
richardg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #38
Aris
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
I send letter to PM Lee complaining why there is no bicycle park in Yishun MRT? I told him it was an ugly sight with hundreds of bicycles parked chained to fences and trees around the MRT. I only got an automated response that said my letter had been received and a reply will be given, Wait long long still nothing until recently Yishun MRT now have got a very nice bicycle park with shed.

I also wrote to SMRT to decorate their trains with colourful posters as their trains look drab and plain, but there was not even a reply. Anyway, a person/persons did me a favour and went into Bishan Train Depot and painted their trains. I guess SMRT not too happy about it.
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #39
Ah_ZhaN
Arofanatic

I believe Worker's Party had proposed a nationalised public transport system where the government would be in charge of all the public transport routes, fares, infrastructure and services back in 2011, but was rejected and heavily criticized by Lim Hwee Hwa.

Now the govt took back the bus instead, and with the help of mainstream media, they are attempting to make it look like another good PAP policy.
Ah_ZhaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #40
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah_ZhaN View Post
I believe Worker's Party had proposed a nationalised public transport system where the government would be in charge of all the public transport routes, fares, infrastructure and services back in 2011, but was rejected and heavily criticized by Lim Hwee Hwa.

Now the govt took back the bus instead, and with the help of mainstream media, they are attempting to make it look like another good PAP policy.
They have a new term called "competitive tendering" instead of "nationalization"........
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote