Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 14-12-2014, 12:00 PM   #1
novjoe
Arofanatic

Default Help with blur male discus

I would like to seek all experts here regarding a pair of beautiful discus which I have gotten from Chai recently.

Female is a German Red Turquoise and Male is a Red Map, they are not Chai guarantee confirmed pair as we picked these 2 out from the common tanks.

1st problem: Yesterday night, the female starts laying eggs and do the spawning dance to the male, however, the male remains blur and has no idea what the female is trying to tell him.

2nd problem: The male does not know how to fertile the eggs as it did not release sperms to the eggs while the female is laying them. Basically, it is away from where the female is laying the eggs.

3rd problem: Almost all the eggs basically dropped to the bottom of the tank and only the female tries to pick them up but eventually gave up as well.

Many Thanks in advance!
novjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
Jonathan_ee
Dragon

It won't work out during the first spawn, they need practice and give them some time. I think they are a young pair and it's their first time. Or it could be both discus are female, thus explaining why the other discus didn't respond to your discus that showed the mating dance. Have patience and all the best bro.
Jonathan_ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #3
novjoe
Arofanatic

Thanks for the reply. I shall monitor them for a while more.
novjoe is offline   Reply With Quote