Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 27-10-2008, 10:35 PM   #51
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

yes, i've just found one at pasir ris farm today. it cost 16$ for the medium one and 19$ (i think) for the bigger one, and another 3.50$ for the bubble coutner.

but i think the size of it im not sure can take my water input and output !
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #52
fireblade
Endangered Dragon

I have taken a video when I first started DIY CO2 with the Nutrafin DIY kit.. was so happy and excited about it when the first bubble appears after an hour later.

I find that using a flipper is not so effective .. after a while when tank is dirty or flipper is dirty, the CO2 will not travel up the ladder smoothly and will condolidate like our stomach muscle into 1 big lump and then slowly travel up or just float up without moving in the ladder

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Currently, I have been using a small internal powerhead to circulate the tank and distribute the CO2 which I find that it is better because can see that my plants are bubbling like crazy when CO2 is sufficient. a little setback is that the tank is maintaining at 29 degrees..

see the bubbles under the lily leaves..

next plan is to either get an external reactor and start my canister filter or get another internal powerhead filter and remove the 2 small filters I have inside.
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:05 AM   #53
monsterplaco

i use diffuser better than counter unless u put only abit if ur using yeast then diffuser is alot better
Old 19-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #54
dannyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan View Post
hi, just wanna share, i had a DIY CO2 bottle with ceramic diffuser too.
Its true you need some pressure to start the diffusion but this will be done in a matter of minutes. (in my experience, if diffusion does'nt start, i squeeze the bottle to start it and the bubbles will flow)
If the ceramic gets clogged just dip it into bleached water.
hi
did ur diffuser managed to create bubble using DIY co2?

my new nano diffuser seem to be unable to release bubble out...

even i try air pump / human power to blow directly into the diffuser also cannot ..the diffuser seem to be struck/blogged.....

where to find bleach water?
Old 19-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #55
ruthlesskiller

You need quite a bit of pressure to get air through the diffuser, it should work with a proper CO2 cylinder
Old 19-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #56
awj2703

i got a bubble counter and i connect it to my co2 canister. i set to 1bps but i dun see anything diffusing from my glass diffuser. y is that so?
Old 19-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #57
the_r0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyfish View Post
hi
did ur diffuser managed to create bubble using DIY co2?

my new nano diffuser seem to be unable to release bubble out...

even i try air pump / human power to blow directly into the diffuser also cannot ..the diffuser seem to be struck/blogged.....

where to find bleach water?
The diffuser is a very fine ceramic hence its ability to create very fine bubbles. You need alot of pressure to have it working so usually its used in tandem with a CO2 cylinder. Not that it cannot work, but with out normal 1.5L PET bottles it might pose a danger. I would recommend you getting a flipper or a reactor.

Bleach water is just that, bleach. The one used to wash clothes. Use with caution, wear gloves if you want to be safe. It stings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awj2703 View Post
i got a bubble counter and i connect it to my co2 canister. i set to 1bps but i dun see anything diffusing from my glass diffuser. y is that so?
You might want to check for leaks. Use a soap solution and smear it across the tubings and the counter. Check if there are bubbles which means there is a leak.
Old 19-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #58
awj2703

soap solution as in wad kind? sorry dun really understand
Old 20-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #59
menthol28
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by awj2703 View Post
soap solution as in wad kind? sorry dun really understand
just mix any soap with water and apply on what you suspect leakage, if air is leaking, u will see soap bubbles.. just like how they check for tyre leak
menthol28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #60
Shad0w

you can also use shaving cream