Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 27-08-2011, 01:11 AM   #11
boxedfish
Dragon

What is the wattage of your light? With your higher height tank, u might need more wattage if u goin to plant hc. I think u are too impatient to start. You haven't get your hardscape yet. Very hard to plan
boxedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 01:46 AM   #12
scottelfy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxedfish View Post
What is the wattage of your light? With your higher height tank, u might need more wattage if u goin to plant hc. I think u are too impatient to start. You haven't get your hardscape yet. Very hard to plan
using 55W. What do you mean hardscape? i actually have wood but want to tie moss to them first before putting it in the tank
scottelfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 01:49 AM   #13
Bettas4life

looking good bro. for start, you can fill the tank with some fast growing stem plants, those cheap ones $1. helps to keep algae on the down side after a month or so you can fill in the scape with plant of your choice, maybe more moss etc or you can also include some floating plants. happy scaping!

Last edited by Bettas4life; 27-08-2011 at 01:52 AM. Reason: edit information
Old 27-08-2011, 01:50 AM   #14
scottelfy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apistoinka View Post
From the plant u said u intend to plant u can't to iwagumi style bro... All the plant u mention suits wood scape... Bro u need to source for ur hardscape equipment first before planting... As placing of wood or rock comes first than start planting... Well maybe u can slope a little more higher at both corner... Will look nicer after ur scaping...

Pasir ris farmway there has a ahpek selling all sorts of plant and the plants u have mention... maybe u can visit there... Is on the right after otf... Is jis beside the place where they sell marine fish and near the fishing pond...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apistoinka View Post
One more tips is use a planting pincer and since u have filled water now than fill the water till it cover the soil n slightly higher when u plant foreground plant will be easier to push in... When planting back ground u can either continue planting or fill it to half and continue planting... Planting is real tiring... Enjoy bro...
yeah, went to the farm just now actually but since there are no names written, i had no clue what plants they were. maybe i'll ask the boss directly tmr. i actually have wood already, just waiting to get moss to tie onto it first before putting it in, wont it be more difficult to do it the other way round? not too sure but thats why i didnt put anything in. think i'll get a small packet of soil, this packet doesnt seem enough to do the slope. thanks for feedback and advice!
Old 27-08-2011, 02:04 AM   #15
Eric9013

See your intention of soaking the gex soil, leave it in this condition for three more days before adding in more water, try not to disturb the soil again when adding water the next round, to do this try putting in a plate or magazine on top of the soil to prevent that, ada do have lot of other unwanted sustenance need to be cleared, not sure about gex
Old 27-08-2011, 02:35 AM   #16
boxedfish
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottelfy View Post
using 55W. What do you mean hardscape? i actually have wood but want to tie moss to them first before putting it in the tank
hardscape = wood and/or rocks.

without seeing your layout, hard to give comments.. seeing u have a tall tank, maybe a scape with long and tall plants as backdrop will be nice.
boxedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 02:41 AM   #17
scottelfy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxedfish View Post
hardscape = wood and/or rocks.

without seeing your layout, hard to give comments.. seeing u have a tall tank, maybe a scape with long and tall plants as backdrop will be nice.
i see, like i mentioned i thought of tying moss to the wood first but i get what you mean. actually i still dont have a concrete plan as to what plant to put where but just a rough idea on how i want it to look. will wood go well with grey rocks?

thanks so much for all your patience
Old 27-08-2011, 04:24 AM   #19
Apistoinka

Hardscape is place the position of the wood n rock u like it to be in ur tank... Than imagine the plant layout or draft it out... Than take a pic of ur hardscape... Than u can take out ur wood n tie the moss or plant... Than place back the wood according to the pic u had taken... Than start planting according to ur draft if have one... Btw wood n grey rocks do match...

Hope all this help u bro...
Old 29-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #20
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

Try to slope your soil to get a more 3D effect, of course, give them contures you desire, ie hilly effects or what not.

for the plants you bought are hair grass.. i've got experience with them in tanks with no chiller / CO2. turn yellow fast.. anyway you have to plant them into 3-4 stalks and plant them with a sweezer seperately..
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote