Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 19-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #21
ah_hong84

Just to add on, I do keep a cane (those which mummy used to cane the kid) by my tank side. They come in handy when you want to kill snails or shift something small in the tank when you don;t want to get your hand wet. They can reach all the way to the bottom of the tank.
Old 19-01-2007, 01:21 PM   #22
uniphyte

Anyone mention this? Long hose. Long enough to reach toilet. For water change and refill.
Old 19-01-2007, 02:12 PM   #23
dorothy76

ya long hose. but there are types that twist and turn . after awhile it gets troublesome to keep untwisting it
Old 22-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #24
the_r0ck

I thought about long hoses before but then mine are smaller tanks so pails are ok. Its "safer" also as I prefer to let the anti-chlorine/chloromaine settle for a few minutes first. Having the hose directing the water into the tank straight away seems quite unnerving for me. Well, unless you got the RO unit which we don't really need it in Singapore.

-Calvin
Old 22-01-2007, 10:43 PM   #25
dorothy76

sorry ...whats a RO unit
Old 22-01-2007, 11:13 PM   #26
reversebungee

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r0ck View Post
I thought about long hoses before but then mine are smaller tanks so pails are ok. Its "safer" also as I prefer to let the anti-chlorine/chloromaine settle for a few minutes first. Having the hose directing the water into the tank straight away seems quite unnerving for me. Well, unless you got the RO unit which we don't really need it in Singapore.

-Calvin
looong hose need... not to direct fill water.
But to drain water off with help of suction pump. or else hor, carry water here and there make the whole hse wet, my mama will KILL me de.
Old 22-01-2007, 11:34 PM   #27
the_r0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorothy76 View Post
sorry ...whats a RO unit
Its a reverse osmosis unit. You can go online to find out more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reversebungee View Post
looong hose need... not to direct fill water.
But to drain water off with help of suction pump. or else hor, carry water here and there make the whole hse wet, my mama will KILL me de.
Oh, I use pails and wipe the base before I transport it around the house. But I did play with the idea before in my head for a bigger tank like a 4 footer since pails are not feasible at all.

-Calvin
Old 23-01-2007, 01:40 AM   #28
ah_hong84

Hahaa, for me, i used long hose and connect it to the toilet while doing WC. Drain out the water and fill in the water with that one hose. Fast and easy.
At least i won;t splash the water onto the floor, my mum has no chance to scold me.
Old 23-01-2007, 01:49 AM   #29
uniphyte

Wow, never knew long hose bring out so much commotion! Spotted another thing. Anyone mention timer? Good to have if you are doing planted tank. To set the lighting hour daily.
Old 23-01-2007, 01:55 AM   #30
ah_hong84

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniphyte View Post
Wow, never knew long hose bring out so much commotion! Spotted another thing. Anyone mention timer? Good to have if you are doing planted tank. To set the lighting hour daily.
Hahaa, long hose is good good.
For me, i using manual on/off the light. Before going to school on the light. When going to sleep off the light. Self-timer. Hahaa