Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 26-04-2011, 01:11 AM   #21
Paradize
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiabin View Post
should give our president an iphone to play angry bird during the Star awards, at least he wont be so sian
its justified many people get bonus for 2010 performance for low base in 2008 2009. However SG Minister's kpi is only gdp, in our own jobs where got so easy, only 1 kpi? some more so OTT bonus, can anyone verify this before we forward in fb?
Paradize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 01:11 AM   #22
wllm33
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter porker View Post
Eh, you all damn jialat.

Anyhow criticize our Government and say that they are overpaid and partying around with tax payers' money.

Take the President for instance. $4 mil plus. Totally worth it. Anyone of you watch Star Awards last night? You all know how difficult it is to be sitting there and listening to speeches in mandarin when you don't understand a single word and require the CEO of Mediacorp to translate for him?

How can he enjoy the show in a proper sense? That is, beo all the long kang and make sense of the entire show?

Obama is paid so much lesser because all the award shows in America are in English! Lucky man! So give our President a break!
u so funny.
i also noticed the bored look.
wllm33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 01:16 AM   #23
Ben
Dragon

really reminds me of my literature text when i was younger, Animal Farm by Geroge Orwell.

decades of unopposed power, what do you expect? they have perfected the art of wielding the carrot and stick. read these articles so many times, i feel sick.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 02:26 AM   #24
madnikon
Arofanatic

After Reading the life about Kelvin. It ready make me thinks ahead If I would to be retrench When I reach my mid 40.will I be able to get a job from the same line(Logistics)? Or by that time all our jobs are taken up by the FT and FW. Hainz..........

Frankly speaking, If we want to stop all these. We have to choose wisely when GE Day ( 07 May 2011). Vote for a party that can represent us and support Singaporean always come first.
madnikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 04:05 AM   #25
CullTail
Endangered Dragon

Just wondering, you all keep scolding the men in white, but you all seriously think that the men in blue, red, orange and whatever other colours will solve all your grievances? Just wondering, no harm intended.
CullTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #26
Rabbit
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CullTail View Post
Just wondering, you all keep scolding the men in white, but you all seriously think that the men in blue, red, orange and whatever other colours will solve all your grievances? Just wondering, no harm intended.
they dun need to solve.

their role is external auditors. right now, this family run business have no one to check on them.

if u keep thinking along the lines if alternate parties will solve our grievances or not, then u are not thinking correctly and might have fallen prey to scare tatics.

"vote if alternate party is good" ? come on?

now i ask u back a simple qns, if there is no alternate party in the parliament, who will VOICE your grievances let alone solve it.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #27
LoNgFei

Quote:
If a white T-shirt you wear it for so long, it bound to have some stain. Abit of curry, chili and it may turn abit yellow over time, got a hole somewhere near your heart.. you will know it time to buy a new shirt.

Most of the time when getting a new t-shirt you will wanna wear something new...I dont think you wanna get back the same design again. And you will still keep that old T-shirt, for rags and cleaning...

At least when I get my new t-shirt i will be happy for that moment.. till the stain comes and time for it to change..

You know guys la, sometime a clothes you like, you can wear it for 10 years if you dont like, 1 time is enough..
Old 26-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #28
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
really reminds me of my literature text when i was younger, Animal Farm by Geroge Orwell.

decades of unopposed power, what do you expect? they have perfected the art of wielding the carrot and stick. read these articles so many times, i feel sick.

"All citizen are equal but some citizen are more equal"
vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #29
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Quote:
So men in white solve ur grievances?

Expressway still jam and still got to pay ERP?
Housing affordable?
Ur children need to ballot for a place in K1?
High cost of education/healthcare and living?
SP bill increases whenever whatever increase?
Public transport overloaded?

So which grievances MIW solved?
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #30
CullTail
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinLeong View Post
So men in white solve ur grievances?

Expressway still jam and still got to pay ERP?
Housing affordable?
Ur children need to ballot for a place in K1?
High cost of education/healthcare and living?
SP bill increases whenever whatever increase?
Public transport overloaded?

So which grievances MIW solved?
so just because the men in white can't solve these, means that the men in other colours can solve them? I'm only asking a very simple question, a yes or no question. Whether you all think that the men in other colours can solve them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
they dun need to solve.

their role is external auditors. right now, this family run business have no one to check on them.

if u keep thinking along the lines if alternate parties will solve our grievances or not, then u are not thinking correctly and might have fallen prey to scare tatics.

"vote if alternate party is good" ? come on?

now i ask u back a simple qns, if there is no alternate party in the parliament, who will VOICE your grievances let alone solve it.
Good point raised there, to act as a voice. Vote if alternate party is good, to me, isn't a scare tactic. It makes perfect sense if you keep emotions in check and get rid of any biasedness you have against anything said by the men in white. If you have a lousy gf now and want to break up, you don't just go and grab the next girl that comes along. You still got to determine if she is really suitable for you or not. Makes perfect sense for me
CullTail is offline   Reply With Quote