Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 19-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
Well I think there is some confusion generated by HDB.

In the past HDB flast are just HDB flats which was to replace the olden SIT flats. Onli 1 term to call : juz HDB loh. Later they have those HUDC a bit like private but not really private. Now no more these scheme but some HUDC already converted to private.

HDB last time built up to EC now sometimes have, sometimes no. Of course the main thing to watch out when applying is the income ceiling. Up to 8K for HDB right? So if you income ceiling is above $8K how?

So they have this DBSS scheme for those higher income ppl between $8K to $10K. The standard HDB flat now called BTO, is for the general public whose income ceiling is up to $8K.

As for HDB, a bit last time they have those Build and Design; then now is BTO. I dunno why they like to have all these garan garan name? So that they can increase their selling price? Why we bother about your name as long as they are HDB selling at subsidised price with quality material - that's all we need.

Why we need you to put tiles that later pop up or glass toilet that cracked?

This is what I understand, correct?
U forgot a very basic saying:

If u cannot convince them....confuse them.

Thats what they r doing now....new fancy name, private developer, more expensive price...all they wan is your $$
vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #12
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Actually the public should voice their concern on the expensive BTO flats and not the DBSS. Then the minister would have no excuse. The younger generation should know these clearly as it concern them.

When I see the BTO new flats, I'm equally surprised! But I wonder why the public dun make more noise on these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic View Post
U forgot a very basic saying:

If u cannot convince them....confuse them.

Thats what they r doing now....new fancy name, private developer, more expensive price...all they wan is your $$
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #13
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
Actually the public should voice their concern on the expensive BTO flats and not the DBSS. Then the minister would have no excuse. The younger generation should know these clearly as it concern them.

When I see the BTO new flats, I'm equally surprised! But I wonder why the public dun make more noise on these.

They will say "Too expensive go resale mkt or private loh"....we have a choice...let HDB suck dry our $ or let the private or resale mkt suck us dry
vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #14
yanki2
Endangered Dragon

If the developer prices it too high, and there are no takers, then there will be no sales.
haha, I like this one.
yanki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #15
dave6238
Endangered Dragon

who is to blame for the high prices? the 1 that sells state land to private developer at high price lor.....
dave6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #16
msmurf
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanki2 View Post
If the developer prices it too high, and there are no takers, then there will be no sales.
haha, I like this one.
how is it possible that there is no taker? i really doubt so.....
msmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #17
CBTG
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon409 View Post
thats why they r call rich pple
Hehe... If got such rich people exist, why got to bother us, or blame hdb. Willing seller , willing buyers. No one force them to buy.
CBTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #18
Backslash
Dragon

On the newspaper he already said, if you find the price too high, dont buy lor, no one force you to buy what.
Backslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #19
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backslash View Post
On the newspaper he already said, if you find the price too high, dont buy lor, no one force you to buy what.
Now are we talking about buying a bowl of noodles from some hawker centre....

Why not just tell people to move to JB if cannot afford....just like the nursing home when he was the Minister of Hell.....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #20
Aces
Arofanatic

my hdb flat actually are not hdb flat.. ang mo told me only drug addict or damn poor can't affort a land live in hdb slum.
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote