Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 12:03 PM   #51
Gloomis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
My cheapo GF of 10 mths is now lying at the bottom on its side... . Suceeded in curing it just 2 weeks back when it was floating upside down with 1 week of peas, and now this......

Now trying out Interpet No.13 and see how things go.
Lower your water level also..
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #52
Southern Cross
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomis View Post
Lower your water level also..
Cannot lower too much leh, the hospital tank filter is a corner air-driven filter with height of 8 inches I think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #53
peter porker
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
Cannot lower too much leh, the hospital tank filter is a corner air-driven filter with height of 8 inches I think.
Actually I would prefer not to have any filtration for a hospital tank, just an airstone will suffice.

And as the fish will most likely not be fed, I will change 100% water every other day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #54
tygerlim
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter porker View Post
SBD can also be caused by bacteria infection so managing your water parameters is equally important.
Managing water parameter include frequent wc and filter management, do we need to add medicine doses every now and then to prevent any outbreak. This is the only thing that I feel sad with GFs, because they are susceptible to SBP.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #55
peter porker
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygerlim View Post
Managing water parameter include frequent wc and filter management, do we need to add medicine doses every now and then to prevent any outbreak. This is the only thing that I feel sad with GFs, because they are susceptible to SBP.
No need lah. You shouldn't use medication if there are no symptoms.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #56
tygerlim
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter porker View Post
No need lah. You shouldn't use medication if there are no symptoms.
Bro, that is why i was trying to see whether there are other things to watch out for to prevent this dread disease from striking them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #57
peter porker
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygerlim View Post
Bro, that is why i was trying to see whether there are other things to watch out for to prevent this dread disease from striking them.
Then as you mentioned in an earlier post, do the things you normally do can already.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:16 PM   #58
Southern Cross
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter porker View Post
Actually I would prefer not to have any filtration for a hospital tank, just an airstone will suffice.

And as the fish will most likely not be fed, I will change 100% water every other day.
I reach home late everyday. If have to WC everyday I will die before the fish .
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #59
peter porker
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
I reach home late everyday. If have to WC everyday I will die before the fish .
Well, I guess in this hobby, certain sacrifices have to be made. Like sometimes I change water for my two tanks till past midnight or like I wake up at 4.30am today to change water.

Having said that, I did mention that its HOSPITAL TANK; I don't know about others, but my hospital tank gives me 20L of water tops so changing this tank does not take too much time. In fact, I am using a tub which I bought from Ikea, so its not a tank per se.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #60
LauLanChu
Dragon
 
LauLanChu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter porker View Post
Well, I guess in this hobby, certain sacrifices have to be made. Like sometimes I change water for my two tanks till past midnight or like I wake up at 4.30am today to change water.
Why you doing this Life not stressful enough izzit
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)