Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 22-08-2005, 10:39 AM   #31
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28
Old school method go by looking one mah...He commented on the surface bubbles not breaking up fast, alittle foamy, fish swiming abit tilt down, water not clear, "gaosai" media may not be enuff for good filtration....

When i sent him home, go n see his tanks, water is clear, bubbles break up, fish active... Reds all very red!
old school method is keep it simple, gradual ph change doesn't really affect the colour unless it happen so immediate.
williamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 10:39 AM   #32
ericna

Aro look ok.hope it colour will be back.
Old 22-08-2005, 10:41 AM   #33
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iori
My utmost fren.........sth to ask you..............my fren said that 'gaosai' not good for keeping reds, is that true?
I also try try only... dun think i can say it is not good, cos the way it is being used & the quantity used also play a part.

I dun think u can blame the media on its own cos media's job is just to house the bacteria. But to old schhol thought, dun need to waste $$ on expensice media lor...
Old 22-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #34
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
BM always tell me..."wont die one lah!"
tat's the most important thing!
cavallino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #35
Iori

Quote:
I also try try only... dun think i can say it is not good, cos the way it is being used & the quantity used also play a part.

I dun think u can blame the media on its own cos media's job is just to house the bacteria. But to old schhol thought, dun need to waste $$ on expensice media lor...
Actually I oso have the same thinking as you, but my fren who keeps ang lengs told me one.................

Anyway have to applaud you lah, at least you are willing to learn and try, that's very good IMHO oredi.
Old 22-08-2005, 10:43 AM   #36
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iori
I can imagine the stress esp since it's coming from BM...............
Its actually double the stress! BM & WT! And somemore WT's wife say my BP very red!
Old 22-08-2005, 10:45 AM   #37
Iori

Quote:
Its actually double the stress! BM & WT! And somemore WT's wife say my BP very red!
Wahahahaha......the 2 most renowned aro players in Spore.
Old 22-08-2005, 10:46 AM   #38
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamt
old school method is keep it simple, gradual ph change doesn't really affect the colour unless it happen so immediate.
I must admit that the experts make it look so simple! Just normal looking IOS will do the job liao! No elaborate systems! Really respect!
Old 22-08-2005, 10:49 AM   #39
kaix

Quote:
Last week BM came my house for stand-by-tank..... 1st thing he said: "Colour faded! Why like that?"

where got faded...away bro...still look solid ang....
Old 22-08-2005, 10:50 AM   #40
TOM32
Dragon

Quote:
For me i cant see the colour dropping cos i look everyday. BM didnt see for 4months, so his impression would be more accurate. PH has been 5.1, yesterday forgot to measure.
AditAbangTerenceTwentyEight

Adit, red aro has to go thru a periods of up and down especially when she is less than 5 to 6 years old. My Apa red was like that before and only recently has settled with his color. No more down than up...now is up up upzzzz.
Ping Ping has very good gene, so not to worry. Are you sure your water PH for Ping Ping is 5.1? I think is around 6.8, I can see and feel from here.

Actually controlling PH by CO2 is quite dangerous.
Let me tell you a story happened last night.
Last night, me almost killed my Itu Red. My CO2 solenoid valve leak and excess CO2 absorded into the water. When i noticed it, my fish already floated up side down and lying motionless just gapping for breath. My wife and children pronouned the fish "Death". They have seen my fishes at such condition before and they all dead. I never give up cos i love my aros[$$$$]

I quickly shut the CO2 supply and added 6 air stones with 3 air pumps.
Called my Nep Andrew, he advised me to change 50% water to remove the CO2. The rest leave to the fish to fight for her life.

Last night could not sleep well. Pray to all Gods for help. This morning fish swimming and give me a look and say, hehehe "I am back".

Now I am going to let my aros live in a natural environment that he/she loves most. No more CO2. Everything now "Natural", my old ways of keeping.

Warning to CO2 owner, pls take note [advice from My Nep Andrew]

There is a one way valve attached on the outlet of the bubble counter cup.
This one way valve is very importance. It can serve as pressure safety check valve. In the case when your solenoid valve leak or a sudden burst of CO2 supply. This one way check valve can still manage the amount of CO2 supply or will break due to the pressure. Hence stopping the excess CO2 into your tank water.

My one way check valve was broken 2 days before and i connected the supply directly just by passing the one way check valve. I learned my lesson.

Sorry, Adit..hope i have not deviated your thread. Just want to share since your thread also talk about PH. Hope you forgive Abang.

What i suggest now is..pump up Ping Ping. Don't worry about her color. You know her special gene. The time when you are ready, she will show you her COLOR.

Regards
TOM32 is offline   Reply With Quote