Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 02:22 AM   #171
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ong88 View Post
Thank you for sharing bro
Nice red fins in the second piece
Thanks. This piece has very good red genes - chilli red, extremely striking at just 2 inch. The body size is also different from the other reds i have from trengganu/pahang - it's longer.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #172
aro_craze
Dragon

looking for green kelah, where to find them n how much? preferably in the east side bros... thanx...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #173
johnny9988

Hi everyone,

Never know so many people into kelah too. Always check on the aro and didnt check out the freshwater treads.

Anyway i am a Kelah lover too. Got 6 pieces of it, got red, green and 3 gold.

last week bought 2 pieces of 10" kelah. When i bought n see them in the pond it is dark blue so thought it is a blue kelah, but now when i put inside my tank it turns to goldish color. A bit on the copper gold when its body turn towards the light. N now, after reading so many of the post i am wondering if this 2 pieces are tengas or kelah. I know tengas are cheaper than kelah.

I ll try to snap few pictures n post it n hope someone can let me know what breed is this.

Actually intend to buy another 16" kelah merah bera which origin from Pahang river. Was told by the seller that kelah bera is the most expensive breed amongs all other breed in malaysia. He is selling at RM550 per piece. Still considering when the current hiback can easily get around 500 to 600 per piece. heheh

Old 11-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #174
johnny9988

Many many months back i one of the LFS selling this. The size is about 5" selling RM130. too bad i didnt get it as my wife is next to me. So when back next day, sudah tak ada la. I like malaysia blue kelah more than thailand one cos i dont like the black strip in their body.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:41 AM   #175
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9988 View Post
Hi everyone,

Never know so many people into kelah too. Always check on the aro and didnt check out the freshwater treads.

Anyway i am a Kelah lover too. Got 6 pieces of it, got red, green and 3 gold.

last week bought 2 pieces of 10" kelah. When i bought n see them in the pond it is dark blue so thought it is a blue kelah, but now when i put inside my tank it turns to goldish color. A bit on the copper gold when its body turn towards the light. N now, after reading so many of the post i am wondering if this 2 pieces are tengas or kelah. I know tengas are cheaper than kelah.

I ll try to snap few pictures n post it n hope someone can let me know what breed is this.

Actually intend to buy another 16" kelah merah bera which origin from Pahang river. Was told by the seller that kelah bera is the most expensive breed amongs all other breed in malaysia. He is selling at RM550 per piece. Still considering when the current hiback can easily get around 500 to 600 per piece. heheh
Glad to see more people crazy over Kelahs. Just a word of caution - Malaysian Kelah Merah and Kelah Merah Bera are of the same scientific species and hard to spot the differences - even experts i know cant tell the difference. They can be sold mixed up without you even knowing. I have 6 bara with me and i seriously cant tell when i compare them side by side with Kelah Merah at the shop till the seller tells me.

Generally from my observation. I have seen Red Kelahs with two different body types.

1. Short-gilled, deep bodied type
2. Normal body (enlongated) type

Last edited by FishyAmazon; 12-04-2009 at 01:48 AM.

Closed Thread