Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 20-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
johnny9988

Wow,

Quite a numbers of people are into kelah la very good. Yesterday bought another piece of kelah merah bara. LL try to post some pictures of my kelah collection.

Old 21-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
dragonhart
Dragon

Default green kelah

hi,

got infected with the frenzy on kelah....bot 2 green kelah to try try....about 6inches long.....what's the grow rate like?? they are quite greedy eaters....like the shiny scales....

tank size 6x2x2 IOS
food(2 feedings daily) :hikari lionhead, saki hikari growth and blood worms.
WC: 50% weekly.
com with 6 Thin foil barbs, 2 lemon fin barbs, 1 sebarau and 2 climbing perch..all fishes are smaller than 6 inches.

PS: saw some of the fishes scraping /rubbing on tank bottom....suspect got external parasites...any advice/medicine to use??
Old 21-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #13
Freak

Growth rate for tengas is moderate. Probably an inch every couple of months. Just stick to pellets, bloodworms too messy. Also, reduce your wc to 30% to avoid pH burn. It's also quite normal for these fishes to scrape tank bottom when they're active and playing.

Old 21-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #14
FishyAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonhart View Post
hi,

got infected with the frenzy on kelah....bot 2 green kelah to try try....about 6inches long.....what's the grow rate like?? they are quite greedy eaters....like the shiny scales....

tank size 6x2x2 IOS
food(2 feedings daily) :hikari lionhead, saki hikari growth and blood worms.
WC: 50% weekly.
com with 6 Thin foil barbs, 2 lemon fin barbs, 1 sebarau and 2 climbing perch..all fishes are smaller than 6 inches.

PS: saw some of the fishes scraping /rubbing on tank bottom....suspect got external parasites...any advice/medicine to use??
You like shiny scales should go for Tor Putitora (aka Golden Mahseers - have goldish fins and reddish tail).

I'm keeping many different kelahs i still find that the Thai Blue Kelahs is a MUST HAVE for any kelah hobbyist in addition to the above, they are just simply a class of it's own.

Old 22-08-2009, 12:03 AM   #15
yangibear

Default Diamond Kelah.

Any bro here heard about diamond kelah? I went to y618 today saw them quite interesting. Uncle there say is a new breed of kelah so buy one back play play.

Old 22-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #16
dragonhart
Dragon

pls pm me where to get them and price indication....heard C328 have...but very few...thanks...LFS near my place (jurong west) got some red kelahs going for $25..wonder if they are really the real ones...do understand that there are may variants of red kelahs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
You like shiny scales should go for Tor Putitora (aka Golden Mahseers - have goldish fins and reddish tail).

I'm keeping many different kelahs i still find that the Thai Blue Kelahs is a MUST HAVE for any kelah hobbyist in addition to the above, they are just simply a class of it's own.
Old 22-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #17
dragonhart
Dragon

hee hee...just bot 2 Himalayan Golden Mahseer from C328! about 2.5 inch only..one look at it..wow!...scales so shiny and golden...just grab them...

also went to Sungei Tengah 96, thai Blue kelahffer 3 for 2 blue notes. size from 4-6 inches. C328 also have thai blue ..abt same price....heard from bros here about the slow growth rate...so didn't get...

tks bros here for the poison....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post

Old 22-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #18
Freak

Thai blue kelah is one of the smaller species more suitable for home aquarium. Do give it a try despite slow growth rate. You'll be duly rewarded with its stunning colours.

Old 23-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #19
hampala

this my fingerling kelah with friends..

Old 23-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #20
Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampala View Post
this my fingerling kelah with friends..

Your hampala seems to be injured. Caught them wild or bought them?

Closed Thread