Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 13-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #11
ahpek_lion
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgf View Post
U hv a pair of sharp eyes!!! On e fengshui thingy

today just change 95% of water as e water is smelly & cloudy. Also donated another 5 gf to Singapore lake!! At e rate I m going sooner or later e lake will fill up with gf
cloudy water means ur beneficial bacteria is nt fully established.
ahpek_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
Beng

Quote:
U hv a pair of sharp eyes!!! On e fengshui thingy

today just change 95% of water as e water is smelly & cloudy. Also donated another 5 gf to Singapore lake!! At e rate I m going sooner or later e lake will fill up with gf
Well i started keeping gf at the advise of a lama, its for good luck he said. But it has now become a hobby.

If you have already donated all your gf, its better to stop doing any water change and start the fishless cycling progress to develop your benefical bacteria. Its going to be a long wait...
Old 13-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #13
Chinmo
Senior Dragon

donating GF to lakes won't do them good... it's like sending sheeps to a tiger den..... maybe can give FOC to bros here who might able to help them?
Chinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #14
blackgf
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmo View Post
donating GF to lakes won't do them good... it's like sending sheeps to a tiger den..... maybe can give FOC to bros here who might able to help them?
Nah those are cheapo oranda, i brought those cheapo one to "test water" and get the experience along the way.

Beng - is too late, i brought couple of them for replacement . However, today i also brought some coral chips and OHF boxes to add on. Hopefully the newly setup will works this time round.
blackgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #15
blackgf
Arofanatic

After add on the coral chips the white spot issue has been resolved!!! But my all time favorite Blackie left flipper has a swollen gland. Anyone knows how to get ride of it? I hv isolate it to a small tank for two days. Change water daily & added rock salt & some permutation anti fungus liquid (rot fin etc bla bla) but it has not improves at all.
Old 18-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #16
jPoPbOl
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Nah those are cheapo oranda, i brought those cheapo one to "test water" and get the experience along the way.

Beng - is too late, i brought couple of them for replacement . However, today i also brought some coral chips and OHF boxes to add on. Hopefully the newly setup will works this time round.
bro cheapo oranda also gf!!! can just foc to bro here hu r willing to take care of them rather then sending them to lake
jPoPbOl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 11:06 PM   #17
blackgf
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPoPbOl View Post
bro cheapo oranda also gf!!! can just foc to bro here hu r willing to take care of them rather then sending them to lake
Oh ok bro, anyones u knows want it? I can donate
Old 24-09-2010, 03:31 AM   #18
blackgf
Arofanatic

Ok after qurantine my Blackie for a week the swollen flipper has subsided. Put it back to the main tank & join the rest of the gang.

True enough, after add on the coral chips the white spot issue has totally gone & no longer donate any fishes to the Singapore Lake!!

nowadays once a week change wc about 20% and only feed them once a day. I guess I shld maintain this routine for good!!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #19
jaicharu26

Quote:
Ok after qurantine my Blackie for a week the swollen flipper has subsided. Put it back to the main tank & join the rest of the gang.

True enough, after add on the coral chips the white spot issue has totally gone & no longer donate any fishes to the Singapore Lake!!

nowadays once a week change wc about 20% and only feed them once a day. I guess I shld maintain this routine for good!!
Good for you. Bro, noticed you have plants in tour fish tank, can survive the goldfish ah?
Old 06-10-2010, 01:51 AM   #20
blackgf
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaicharu26 View Post
Good for you. Bro, noticed you have plants in tour fish tank, can survive the goldfish ah?
Hi bro, yes these plants is not an issue for goldfish. So how is yr setup? Any issue or tip & tricks to share with a newbie like me?