Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 13-03-2005, 05:31 PM   #1
nim75sg

Default Sander Certizon 100 Ozonizer

Bought the above Ozioner last week and here are my comments regarding this product.

The model purchased is the Certizon 100 capable of producing 100mg ozone/h and comes in a nice packaging. It contacts the Certizon, 1 mains power plug giving 12V DC output and a simple instruction manual.

The unit itself has a 12V DC input jack; a rheostat for tuning the ozone output (to max 100 mg); input air connection jack; and output ozone connection jack.

Installation wise, there is a small eyelet on the back of the Certizon to mount the unit onto the cabinet wall or it can be placed inside a cabinet underneath the tank above the sump water level.

It is also important to ensure that the cabinet is well aired as all ozonizers works efficiently with dry air or about 80% humidity level at the max otherwise the ozone output will decreases.

There are 2 alternatives to connecting the ozonizer with the easier mean by using silicon air tube from an air pump to the ozonizer input. The ozonizer output than toan air tube to the wooden airstone into the same sump compartment as the skimmer.

The other alternative is to connect the unit output ozone connection jack directly to the venturi input of the skimmer.

Caution: Ensure that your skimmer acrylic s ozone compliance otherwise it will "burn" a hole but not for those using European or American made Skimmers as they are ozone compliance.

Pros:
1) Visual indicator to show that the unit is operating
2) Price is very affordable despite being a German made product
3) 2 years warranty from date of purchase

Cons:
1) Doesn't have a step LED indicators to indicate the ozone output of 10mg, 20mg, 30mg, etc.

Recommendation
1) Value for Money!

Installation schedule in 2 weeks down the road upon the receipt of the ORP controller.
Old 13-03-2005, 09:45 PM   #2
Jeffrey74

Product well made & affordable indeed. We can just head straight to the distributor to purchase it?
Old 13-03-2005, 10:17 PM   #3
monsterz1975

Wah pian 100% look alike as aquamedic ozone. Another artica and daeil. But the different in price also 100%. Worth buying Ken i belive they come out from the same factory.
Old 13-03-2005, 11:54 PM   #4
nim75sg

Not surprise that this is a clone of the Aquamedic Ozonizer except for the color pigmentation ..

In terms of price .. damage to my pocket was only S$350

Also the support from the local distributor was excellent as they replaced my unit without any question two days later when I found out the unit was "cracked" not caused by any abuse.

Thanks to Goh for discovering this defect.
Old 13-03-2005, 11:55 PM   #5
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
Not surprise that this is a clone of the Aquamedic Ozonizer except for the color pigmentation ..

In terms of price .. it is only S$350

Also the support from the local distributor was excellent as they replaced my unit without any question after they verify the defect was not caused by any mishandling or abuse.
Oh so fast got defect?
Old 14-03-2005, 12:02 AM   #6
nim75sg

I didn't check the unit during payment as I didn't use a 50 cts parking coupon and heard that the parking mama was on the prowl.

Discovered the "dent" two days later when Goh was at my place and strongly believed it was caused by the delivery guys and not from the manufacturer.

50cts wise and Dollar foolish ..
Old 14-03-2005, 01:52 AM   #7
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
I didn't check the unit during payment as I didn't use a 50 cts parking coupon and heard that the parking mama was on the prowl.

Discovered the "dent" two days later when Goh was at my place and strongly believed it was caused by the delivery guys and not from the manufacturer.

50cts wise and Dollar foolish ..
IC so that the case.