Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 24-08-2006, 07:12 PM   #71
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu
Now it's getting too complicated. Of course when you talk about CW or GW there are many systems. In GW we have mud pond, cement or artificial GW. In CW, we also have many type of system, e.g different types of tank or tub, filtration...etc. Of course we are talking about good system of CW and not those CW in goldfish bowl.

The debate here should be "Why groom fish in GW and cannot appreciate them if CW can do a comparable or better job".
Life is not so simple leh. Other than brudder RLover how many people have kept their fish for long time and got medals? meaning not buy fish to get medals type. Brudder, RLover system seem not simple one.
Old 24-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #72
#CL#

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryBetta
Life is not so simple leh. Other than brudder RLover how many people have kept their fish for long time and got medals? meaning not buy fish to get medals type. Brudder, RLover system seem not simple one.
So you agree that his filtration system (whatever that is) + CW is a success? I saw his system before, and there's nothing exceptional about it other than being thoughtful about how to ensure optimum CW water quality.
Old 24-08-2006, 07:20 PM   #73
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by #CL#
So you agree that his filtration system (whatever that is) + CW is a success? I saw his system before, and there's nothing exceptional about it other than being thoughtful about how to ensure optimum CW water quality.
must be success cos win medals mah? but still waiting for news on his system leh, let me check previous posts...also not accusing but also waiting for how long kept all the 10 winners, fair question or not, brudder?
Old 24-08-2006, 07:23 PM   #74
#CL#

Quote:
must be success cos win medals mah? but still waiting for news on his system leh, let me check previous posts...also not accusing but also waiting for how long kept all the 10 winners, fair question or not, brudder?
Fair question.

But that tikus that won medals I saw at his place long time back when it was smaller. But you'll have to take my word for it. Fair or not?
Old 24-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #75
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by #CL#
Fair question.

But that tikus that won medals I saw at his place long time back when it was smaller. But you'll have to take my word for it. Fair or not?
I take your word 100%,all brudders here upz upz upz
Old 24-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #76
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
Now you call me brudder, after you see me you call me "uncle". I use about 30 litres of water (2 pails) a day to flush the system.
found this post at last, 30 litres everyday for his 1 tub I think, is it a lot of water? how much water in this tub brudder?
Old 24-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #77
LauLanChu
Dragon

Quote:
So, have you wonder how Bro Rlover achieve success, mati mati embracing GW or doing something out of the box? And we really have to open our eyes big big with an open mind. The fact is there are many CW successful top breeders.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #78
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu
So, have you wonder how Bro Rlover achieve success, mati mati embracing GW or doing something out of the box? And we really have to open our eyes big big with an open mind. The fact is there are many CW successful top breeders.
Brudder, who are the many cw succesful top breeders?changing lots of water everyday is not easy or cheap for normal forummers? i said earlier the good systems so far under sun and eating green. So which system is better and cheaper if we open our eyes big big and with open mind brudder? gwater or change water everyday taking time and costing money?
Old 24-08-2006, 11:30 PM   #79
LauLanChu
Dragon

Quote:
Brudder, who are the many cw succesful top breeders?changing lots of water everyday is not easy or cheap for normal forummers? i said earlier the good systems so far under sun and eating green. So which system is better and cheaper if we open our eyes big big and with open mind brudder? gwater or change water everyday taking time and costing money?
Bro,
Don't want to mention name as it will spark off another chain of debate...but think about it, the well known Jap TVR breeders are very particular and fussy about the water condition and their water must alway be tip-top. Their best breeds can be a price of a car...you think they will let the murky GW obscure the view of their priceless keeps. Are they asking for trouble if they cannot assess the well being of their precious. Ask yourself this question, if you bought a ranchu for > $1K, you will dare to throw into the murky GW with an auto feeder and check on him a week later. I bet when you don't see the fish surface to search for food the next day , you will be panicking searching for him. Sad to say that most people groom their cheapo in GW, because they dare to gamble with their cheapo and hopping GW can produce the miracle. This is the real fact I encountered.
Even if CW have to change water everyday (you may not even know there are other ways out there), at least the cost will still be much cheaper then the cost of you use electric lamp or renting ponds or travelling to countryside to get the GW. At least you still can get close to your fish and observe their well being, rather then stressing and woundering how your fishes doing in that murky GW.
To facilitate daily water change, you know a flushing system can be easily built without much hassle, just that whether you want to explore.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 11:38 PM   #80
Jikin

Sad to see this thread now skewing towards one direction and missed it's original intent of understanding the merits of both methods.
Instead, having read thru the threads, it is more of a debate about how much CW keeping can be as good as GW keeping. So far, only RL has kindly shared about his CW method. What about the rest of you guys?

RL speaks with conviction because he has tried his method on his Tikus and his theory works.
I speak with confidence because I had kept my fishes in both types of water. Although no champion fish but my fish mortality rate is close to zero except for stupid mistakes make. And thanks to the chinese method, my fishes lifespan can last for at least two years.

For the rest of you, can you share how you keep your fishes and what are the benefits you are seeing?

RL, do you agree that this is your original intent to have people share then to go into this debate?