Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 03-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
grantbudd74

Default used dupla co2 1.5KG cylinder

I am looking to get a partially filled second hand Dupla cylinder but to post it the couriers state it must be empty.

Will draining the tank completly dry cause any damage or carbonic acid build up? This was suggested to me by the seller and he is not keen to post it or empty it.

I have worked with helium and O2 mixed gas cylinders before with no worries about bleeding them dry but never co2.

Can anyone help here as I really need a cylinder as I have everything else coming. Are there any do's or dont's with bleeding a co2 tank dry for a day or two while in transit?

Thanks again
Old 08-07-2008, 02:33 AM   #2
bbpippen

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantbudd74 View Post
I am looking to get a partially filled second hand Dupla cylinder but to post it the couriers state it must be empty.

Will draining the tank completly dry cause any damage or carbonic acid build up? This was suggested to me by the seller and he is not keen to post it or empty it.

I have worked with helium and O2 mixed gas cylinders before with no worries about bleeding them dry but never co2.

Can anyone help here as I really need a cylinder as I have everything else coming. Are there any do's or dont's with bleeding a co2 tank dry for a day or two while in transit?

Thanks again
its perfectly fine, just wear eye plugs. take note that when u bleed it dry, and wants to tighten it back, it might leak. Most tank refills do not open the main head.