Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #101
NigelN

Thanks for the descriptions on how to differentiate CPO from Orange Clarkii! So now confirm that those small lobsters next to CRS/Guppy/Betta tanks are CPOs.. Heard Wednesday got another batch of 30 arriving..

Old 05-11-2008, 01:15 AM   #102
Turbo Swift

look so cute.. the colour look very nice..

Old 05-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #103
highlander_den

So updates on my CPOs.

The pair of CPO at my home had moulted. Below are some pics of them feasting on Green pea.

This is how my tank look when start up.

This is how it look like now.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #104
Patrique

Wow bro highlander, your setup really looks great now with the moss growing well... Btw how often do you feed it green pea? i'm thinking of feeding that to mine.. they don't seem to like pellets a lot

Old 05-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #105
69efan69

really awesome. how long does it take u to grow the moss out of the mesh like that (castle top) ?

Old 05-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #106
highlander_den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrique View Post
Wow bro highlander, your setup really looks great now with the moss growing well... Btw how often do you feed it green pea? i'm thinking of feeding that to mine.. they don't seem to like pellets a lot
I also feeding pellet as well. I'm feeding 2 brands of pellet, Sera and Hikari. I didn't plan the diet pattern for my CPO. Maybe around twice a week, I will cut the green pea into half and throw to them.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #107
highlander_den

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69efan69 View Post
really awesome. how long does it take u to grow the moss out of the mesh like that (castle top) ?
Thank you. Since 8th Oct till now? Seems to me that flame moss doesn't need cool temp as my tank temp is around 29 degree.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #108
Patrique

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander_den View Post
I also feeding pellet as well. I'm feeding 2 brands of pellet, Sera and Hikari. I didn't plan the diet pattern for my CPO. Maybe around twice a week, I will cut the green pea into half and throw to them.
ok thanks for info bro... will try that out... so just need to defrost the pea right? no need to boil it or anything rite.. will try that out!

btw bro... u not worried that 29c might be a bit high for a cpo tank?

Old 05-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #109
highlander_den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrique View Post
ok thanks for info bro... will try that out... so just need to defrost the pea right? no need to boil it or anything rite.. will try that out!

btw bro... u not worried that 29c might be a bit high for a cpo tank?
Don't need to boil. I washed it with tap water (defrost process) and then cut it (For normal size crayfish, can just throw in the whole green pea) before throwing into the tank.

Well, most of the bros here did share that CPO should live in 24~26 degree. Some website put 18~28 degree. But I also know of one breeder in Singapore keeping at 29~30 degree.

Well, I am sort of testing them on this range and keep my finger cross. hehe

Old 05-11-2008, 03:49 PM   #110
69efan69

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander_den View Post
Thank you. Since 8th Oct till now? Seems to me that flame moss doesn't need cool temp as my tank temp is around 29 degree.
wah 1 month only? swee lei haha. hope my flame moss on mesh will turn out that way to0o . same temp but no fertx

Closed Thread