Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 17-10-2008, 12:58 AM   #1
wasaabi

Default Altum Angel - Great Disappointment!

My 2 attempts to keep AA was a complete failure, depsite obtaining so much information from this forum; no luck!

I have bought many remedies that would help to the tune of $150, but nothing works. Presently I am left with the last 2 AA out of the 10 and still unable to recover from the fin-rot, mouth-rot & columnaris after 6 days treating with Furan2.

I Quit
Old 17-10-2008, 01:00 AM   #2
zoids
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasaabi View Post
My 2 attempts to keep AA was a complete failure, depsite obtaining so much information from this forum; no luck!

I have bought many remedies that would help to the tune of $150, but nothing works. Presently I am left with the last 2 AA out of the 10 and still unable to recover from the fin-rot, mouth-rot & columnaris after 6 days treating with Furan2.

I Quit
What's your setup like bro. You mix with other angels?
zoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2008, 01:26 AM   #3
wasaabi

I do have some Peruvian Angel when I first put them together, but when I notice the start of a whitish coat on the fins & body, I smell trouble. I quickly remove those Peruvian but maybe it is too late now.

Anyway I am waiting for the remaining 2 AA to give up their lives and I am moving on to start a new species.
Old 17-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #4
zoids
Endangered Dragon

Well, I think that's the mistake you made bro. Well, all the best in the new hobby.
Old 17-10-2008, 01:52 AM   #5
illumnae
Dragon

Don't lose heart. I lost 22 pieces before finally managing to keep my final 7 alive I've found that usually when the columnaris starts to show, it's touch and go even with Furan-2. Preventive treating once you get the fish is better. Mixing with other wild species is also risky as they are more delicate than their robust scalare counterparts
illumnae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2008, 01:56 AM   #6
Ben
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
Don't lose heart. I lost 22 pieces before finally managing to keep my final 7 alive I've found that usually when the columnaris starts to show, it's touch and go even with Furan-2. Preventive treating once you get the fish is better. Mixing with other wild species is also risky as they are more delicate than their robust scalare counterparts
22 is nothing. i lost 50plus pieces before seeing light
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #7
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasaabi View Post
I do have some Peruvian Angel when I first put them together, but when I notice the start of a whitish coat on the fins & body, I smell trouble. I quickly remove those Peruvian but maybe it is too late now.

Anyway I am waiting for the remaining 2 AA to give up their lives and I am moving on to start a new species.

Whitish coating can be cure by simply a dose of PP solutions. My altums from seaview's fins are burnt till short short like normal angels but they recover back without any medication but i give them good condition water and food. They are kept alone without other angels though. Hope you don't lose heart and try the challenge again, bro
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2008, 07:27 PM   #8
adriantan78

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Whitish coating can be cure by simply a dose of PP solutions. My altums from seaview's fins are burnt till short short like normal angels but they recover back without any medication but i give them good condition water and food. They are kept alone without other angels though. Hope you don't lose heart and try the challenge again, bro
Bro, u mean burnt tail can leave them to heal on their own ? ... i tink mine has, not too sure so haven start any treatment.
Old 17-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantan78 View Post
Bro, u mean burnt tail can leave them to heal on their own ? ... i tink mine has, not too sure so haven start any treatment.

Mine burnt until all the fins short short like normal angel fish, but since they are eating well and growing, I leave them alone, And now all the fins grow back as what you seen in the pictures. But thats me.....
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #10
zoids
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantan78 View Post
Have to depend on the condition. If burn tail and fins but the fins not clamp then with good water condition can heal on it's own. If the fish burn tail and fins all clamp then you need to medicate .