Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 21-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #61
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
Dun you think it's alittle bit too troublesome when it can be done by doing some filtration cleaning and water changing with added salt if the gill curl was detected early? I cured gill curl problem fishes with this method and some show result as fast as overnight. No medication used infact, no powerhead used too. In some very bad water condition situation, I added a good bag of active carbon in helping with the process.

As most bros here have mentioned and agreed, gill curl is due to bad water management.

Just to share my view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATARI"18 View Post
n tat y everytime i reach hme from work,i will spent 5 - 10 mins to observe aro. c got any problem with the aro..prevention is keywords
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepala sakit View Post
i luv that kEywords of yours bro Watari (pRevention)
it save u so much talking:
PREVENTION is KEY. no one can argue with that. like fish like human, we all don't wanna get sick but when we do we may need medical intervention.

Old 21-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #62
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROY041004 View Post
Thank you for sharing! It takes guts (and time too!) for a hobbyist to share such information and experience especially knowing that not all hobbyist will agree. But who cares...most important is you have shared what you think will be someday helpful to fellow hobbyist.

I only wanted to highlight what I really learned from all this solutions and everything (which i first heard from a good friend) .... take good care of your water and your water will take good care of your fish

Have a great day to all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by syh View Post
cool info u got there.. learn something new again.. thanks bro..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Loh View Post
Bro Rumraisin and AF Bros, thanks for the great sharing!
for whatever it's worth, it is kind gestures like these that make sharing a fun thing to do... THANK YOU!

Old 21-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #63
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustar View Post
Treat your water good , water will treat your fish better
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATARI"18 View Post
yup,i still believe in this way..gd water managment will prevent aro gills curls n others sickness..
Quote:
My belief is tat water condition is the root of most problem,
wan 2 keep fish cannot be lazy , wan 2 be lazy v hard to keep fish

thou one can take many alt. measures.

mY 2Cents
good pts Bros! water management is very important and could probably saves us a lot of headaches if we follow it religiously!

Old 21-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #64
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
Early stage of gill curl can cure easily wt clean water n peat moss, but if too late secondary stage ask massage lady to massage also i dont think can cure just cut & trim easy & fast straight to the point.tks for sharing anyway.

if massage lady can cure, i put her on my payroll! cut & trim is definitely one way of doing it. just like pregnancy, u have natural birth & then u have c-section! sometimes we have choices & sometimes we have less, but i'm glad in aro keeping we have more than just one choice to many issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Tan View Post
i think b4 the gill curl is cure in this way....the aro will suffered many broken fins
it may even be fatal if you're not careful...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Lover View Post
maybe after that become balless....
hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
totally agree with you bro. i dont see the point of rubbing the gill plate of the aro and causing stress to it when there is a perfect and safe way to treat such problem. by rubbing on the gill plate we will also rub off the protective layer of the fish and increasing the chances of it from getting infections.
different condition calls for different action. the massaging OP is not the only choice and definitely not for all conditions. perfect and safe if not effective would be waste of effort. by massaging the afflicted area & afflicted area ONLY, the goal is NOT only to rub off the protective layer but also the hardness & the curlness as well. it's like a reconstructive surgery! by adding water conditioner after helps form protective slime coating to speed up healing process.

Old 21-07-2007, 07:05 PM   #65
rumraisin

Quote:
mayb roman massage can cure lei
roman massage... never heard of it... is it like YTL service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene View Post
i'm in a hotel room now n just finish my massage session. it feels good...

anyway, thanks for sharing bro rumraisin. i think this method will be my last choice after trying other easier method without success to cure gill curl...
just had a massage last nite and i have to admit it's my first choice of treatment to alleviate stress... but like yourself, massge therapy for aros would NOT be my first choice of action!

Old 21-07-2007, 07:07 PM   #66
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
Is very hard for me to picture out how a strong & healthy aros will let u massage it and stay still during the massage .I think there are many better ways to cure than this foolish act might it may cost further damage to fish. Hard to even hold fish not to say massage fishes get stress wn gill is touch the most important breathing organ in the end the fish jump & even before massage over !Fish game over .

Definitely would be a foolish act if you don't know what you're doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laodie View Post
its worth a try if ur aro is small and u can still manage it with ur hands. imagine the aro is abt 18" and above, the strength of it can even crack a tank. always rem, we are at land, they are in water, and water is their territory, we will never know or be able to judge its capability coz we dun live in water. this is wat we call nature.
i had the same concern b4 but u'd be surprised to see how well your aro will accept u if u're GENTLE enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el993 View Post
Looks like can't think out anything better than your "chasing-&-then-massage" beside powerhead and ops. I have a concern what if the aro jump out to the back of the tank (btw tank & wall) during "chasing-&-then-massage"? Then sure up the lorry.
there is NO WAY your aro would be able to jump over tank IF your water level during OP is only slightly higher than the height of aro AND at the same time using gentle non-provoking mov't.

Old 21-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #67
rumraisin

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatboy View Post
PLS DUN TRY TIS AT HOME if u r not sure........ below 18 years of age have to ask consent fm parent..........
pls dun try this at all if u don't have to, and when u absolutely have to, pls ask consent from fish owner first!

Old 21-07-2007, 07:13 PM   #68
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueC View Post
Noticed 2 weeks ago mine got slight gill curl on one side.
With 4 x 2 x 2 tank, how many % water change will be enough?
Thanks.
hard to say... "enough"??? really no arbitrary figure here. some aros tolerate larger % WC better than others. just make sure new water is aged/conditioned properly first; and then introduce it to tank in manners that won't further stress out inhabitants.

Old 21-07-2007, 07:19 PM   #69
lincolngoh

Sonds like the excuse I give my GF to massage her boobs... to prevent breast cancer.

I think that if Gill curl earl stage, dun even need to stress the Aro, just condition your water and the aro recovers by itself.

I believe the massaging part but the chasing the aro part until it is exhausted is simply ridiculous. I don't think you should be recommending this to people here.

Are you gonna be responsible if something happens you their aro during the chasing.

Old 21-07-2007, 07:30 PM   #70
Dene

Thumbs up

really salute u bro rumraisin for taking your time to answer each n every comments given my bros here...