Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 24-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
vandecruz

Default Help!!SnakeHead Bleheri Fighting

Hi bros i have seen LFS like Polyarts keeping like 8-9 piece of Channas in a small tank and they dun seem to fight but as for my case i dunno is it whether they are still new(Just Bought Them 2-3 days ago) as i have 3 of them housing by it own in a 1.5ft Java fern tank and one seem to be very agressive which will chase and bite the other 2 mostly when they tend to meet and currently the 2 piece which have abit of torn fins on the dorsal part seem like always staying togther at the surface of the water and their colour turn to those very patchy brown seem like stress,can anyone advise on this like how can i prevent them to fight so much or becos they ae still new and have to let them adapt to a new enviroment for some time so just observed first,thank alot and it will greatly be appreciated for your help
Old 24-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
Raptor22
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandecruz View Post
Hi bros i have seen LFS like Polyarts keeping like 8-9 piece of Channas in a small tank and they dun seem to fight but as for my case i dunno is it whether they are still new(Just Bought Them 2-3 days ago) as i have 3 of them housing by it own in a 1.5ft Java fern tank and one seem to be very agressive which will chase and bite the other 2 mostly when they tend to meet and currently the 2 piece which have abit of torn fins on the dorsal part seem like always staying togther at the surface of the water and their colour turn to those very patchy brown seem like stress,can anyone advise on this like how can i prevent them to fight so much or becos they ae still new and have to let them adapt to a new enviroment for some time so just observed first,thank alot and it will greatly be appreciated for your help
They will probably kill each other, excessive wounds especially on the fins can lead to fin rot which is fatal if untreated. The most viable option is to keep the dominant one. 1.5ft is too small for 3 snakeheads although they are dwarfs. They don't fight in dealer's tanks because they don't have the time to establish territories and dealers often compact many of them together so any potential form of aggression is minimised.
Raptor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #3
channarox

hes right.
but ive never had mine fight before.
no matter how many are together in the tank.
even just two.
Old 24-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
iampenguin

depends, i have two pulchra that never fight with each other in a 2ft tank, but when i put them together in a 1ft temporarily one starts to whack the other one :/ so no choice, gotta move back. lol
Old 24-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #5
iampenguin

and i think your tank is too small :/ try a bigger tank.
Old 24-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #6
vandecruz

oic,thank i guess is more on the space then what if i cut down to 1 pair only as i move another piece to another tank
Old 24-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
Raptor22
Dragon

Quote:
oic,thank i guess is more on the space then what if i cut down to 1 pair only as i move another piece to another tank
Then the situation will be worse.
Old 25-07-2008, 12:35 AM   #8
vandecruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor22 View Post
Then the situation will be worse.
Bro how come worse sia??
Old 25-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #9
iampenguin

yea dont see why will be worse, but still, the tank is too small for them to grow to maximum potential.
Old 25-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #10
Raptor22
Dragon

Quote:
Bro how come worse sia??
The more fish there is, the more the aggression is spread. Which applies to almost any fish with a petty attitude. So having only 2 in the tank means that 1 them becomes a punching bag. Unless you transfer them to a larger tank, the problem will still persist.

But since some bros here accounted that some of their snakeheads when kept together in a small area got along very peacefully with each other, you may wanna give it a shot as well. Fish are so unpredictable aren't they?