Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 30-10-2011, 02:24 AM   #11
azf

Oh, cause it's plentiful during low tide, and there are so little red hermits there, haha. I think I'll just head over to coral farm for the livestock, (:
Ok, I'll try to get those sea slugs out then, I'm worried that they'll eat my corals, haha.
Thanks so much for your replies kalib, (:
azf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
KaLiB

Your welcome.

A thought just struck me about the sea slugs & spikes and you mentioning having a lot in your tank. Do they look anything like this? If yes, what you have are bristleworms and they are generally safe to leave in the tank. If you would still feel more comfortable removing them, gloves are advised as they have spikes that can detach and sting you. It would result in discomfort and they are difficult to remove as the spikes are nearly invisible and break easily.
Old 31-10-2011, 01:17 AM   #13
azf

nope, they are really small, like '--' this size, haha, can tell they are slugs though
Old 31-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #14
azf

And my NO2 lvl is relatively high, i tried to change 20% of the water, doesn't seem to help, how other else can I lower it?
Old 31-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
KaLiB

The high no2 is most likely due to stocking the tank too quickly. Marine tanks typically cycle for 3-5weeks with no livestock & corals to allow time for the biological filter to be established.

Since you have already stocked your tank, what you can try are those bacteria in a bottle products. They should be able to help you with your no2 issues by speeding up the establishing of the biological filter. What you need is for the biological filter to be established, water changes can be used to help lower the no2 levels temporarily if they get too high.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:43 AM   #16
azf

Oh, alright, I'll head down to clementi's 24hrs lfs to get the bacteria then. Thanks!!