Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Fanatics Club Activities

Closed Thread

Old 24-11-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
Ralliart_Ray

AFC Committee

Default [Discussion] AROWANA FANATICS CLUB EVENT: “The aquatic view through my own eyes…”

AROWANA FANATICS CLUB EVENT: “The aquatic view through my own eyes…”
Running now to 13th Dec 2015 10.00pm SGT

Discussion thread as stated.

Last edited by marshy; 24-11-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old 24-11-2015, 11:41 PM   #2
Ralliart_Ray

AFC Committee

Why is Arofanatics Club conducting this event?

Fundamentally, we hope to spruce up the interest and rekindle the hobby that we're in love with/ or once loved or even some says poisoned with. (Maybe the poison part - its true, for which it runs in the blood), haha!

Anyway if you are an AF member, you know for yourself why you are one.
  • Do you recall the times where you duly and promptly do your water-change for your tank without fail? (Considering that you don't even do any house-work?)
  • Do you remember the days where you were overseas, but deep-down you were worried about the well-being of your fishes?
  • Do you have the same encounter as me that you toss around the bed and cant sleep so you will decide to spend some time observing your fish tank?
  • At times where you are so stressed at work, but then when you're back as home, just by looking at the fishes swimming, that small action lifted your mood?
  • Have you ever plan to install IP cameras, (not to spy what your maid is doing at home), but your fishes?
  • Do you have the always-have-to-find-fish-to-bag syndrome when you visit LFS and "backside-get-itchy" syndrome?
  • Do you run random thoughts through your mind on topics like how to continuously improve the setup / how to achieve good water?
  • Making research and considered yourself studying harder than your then GCE O' levels chemistry , to understand the water chemistry of fish keeping, terms like nitrates, nitrite etc?
  • Taking the bold step, even to extend of doing autopsy of your beloved fishes when they were fallen; to know what went wrong exactly...

The list is not exhaustive, it is just some questions that flashed across my mind when I am writing this event introduction... I am sure there are all sorts of funny questions there will pop up for you... so honestly just answer them...

Personally, I like these 2 internet acronym, GPGT and SIC. What is that? some would asked.... ; it is Got Picture Got Talk and Sharing Is Caring. In this season of sharing, it is time to "show-hand / show-case" your collection and spread some loves. (or poison). Often as said, a picture will tells a thousand words, so do whip out your camera or smart phone camera function... snap some good pictures which made an impression or at least you are impressed with , do send them in to share with us, it is a good platform to see how impressive the work can get and how creative our fellow members are!

Good Luck and explore your creativity both on your photo and caption!

Last edited by Ralliart_Ray; 24-11-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Old 25-11-2015, 02:23 AM   #3
AndyDwyer

Arofanatic

Excited for this event!! Looking forward to the photos
Old 26-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #4
israelillo81
Arofanatic

I was thinking in participating, but i see you guys removed the Rules and submission method.
Old 26-11-2015, 09:40 AM   #5
AndyDwyer

Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by israelillo81 View Post
I was thinking in participating, but i see you guys removed the Rules and submission method.
Can be found in another thread
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...88#post9918788
Old 26-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #6
israelillo81
Arofanatic

thank you .
Old 07-12-2015, 03:21 PM   #7
Ralliart_Ray

AFC Committee

Less than a week to closing, do keep the photos coming in! At the same time, pls ensure that your entry/email is formally acknowledged. If it's not, pls re-send again. Thank you.
Old 13-12-2015, 04:53 AM   #8
marshy

Senior Moderator

Update:

Photo submissions date extended to...

20 december 2015
Old 16-12-2015, 12:07 PM   #9
Ralliart_Ray

AFC Committee

Thank you for all the submissions so far. The submission closes this coming Sunday!

To cite sample if needed: (Random photo off google search, as example purpose only)

Caption: "The rainy season makes me yawn and sleepy... "

At the same time, pls ensure that your entry/email is formally acknowledged. If it's not, pls re-send again. Thank you.
Old 16-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #10
Cool Dude
Dragon

Just to check, does the pic must be taken recently? Can pics taken few years back accepted?
Closed Thread