Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Closed Thread

Old 28-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #11
Roadster
Arofanatic

I am one who cannot post in B/S too. Just hope to get access to it till I can clear my stuff (for time being at least).

I been trying to find a permanent job since lost mine a while back. No time to participate in forum activities while trying to earn a living with part-time jobs, hence decided have to stop hobby or time being as need to prioritise my focus.

Sold the tanks (on condition of clearing fish, but now stuck as yet to sell fish as cannot post/update B/S) but since been quite a while to deliver them. I either need to find a temporary 3ft tank or find ways to sell fish and some other stuff like lights, pumps, etc. Felt very paiseh to buyer of tanks as I stuck with fish still.

Hope to have access to B/S to let go all the stuff, until I more settled and can contribute to the forum before coming back to hobby.

Am in a bind right now but I can understand admin/mod's intention to limit bandwidth usage, hence too paiseh to ask and did not PM any of them.
Old 28-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #12
elmo9171
Arofanatic

Losta things are taken for granted....till I actually lose it.
Old 28-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #13
juvenn
Dragon

Am also been downgrade to can't post in buy and sell after convert Tiger to pb tank , sell 80% of my big tiger coz keep swallow my pb, Learn lesson don't any how buy fish then sell it in AF
Old 28-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #14
atan
Dragon

Apologise Mod Laodie, I am also of of those who suddenly lost my buy/sell posts.

Actually sent you a PM to get your assistance to close my sales thread as I want to change it to FOC. Then I saw this thread.

Many thanks for the trouble.
Old 28-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #15
ABK
Arofanatic

Perhap there should be regulation to determine the B/S right rather than relying on recommendation from mods, which may be perceived as favoritism practices, i.e, 2 person with same rep and post count but only 1 party is granted the BS right..
Old 28-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #16
Navy
Dragon

Hi, I hope to able to get back the b/s privileges as I find the section highly beneficial to hobbyist as it help us to save cost on this hobby by getting working condition preowned equipments as well as acquiring livestocks & plants at reasonable prices. Having a lively b/s forum will also somewhat help to prevent prices in LFS from inflating.
Over the years I have also been active in discussion on various sub forums learning & sharing experience with other hobbyist.
I hope all AF members will adhere to the b/s r&r so as not to overload the bandwidth & causing frequent disruptions.

Last edited by Navy; 28-08-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 28-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #17
radiolite22

Hi mod,

I'm one of the many who left a vm requesting for approval to start a b/s thread.

I'm trying to let go my 24" channa who doesn't seems to get along with my aro. Really desperate and may end up releasing it into the reservoir within these 2 days if can't let go to a good home.

I've been in af since 2002. Been contributing to threads in areas that I have relative knowledge in. Although I've been quite active in b/s threads, I've never made any profits from it. Usually been making losses to let go stuffs to bros at prices way below cost. In fact, I buy more than I sell.. Haha

So mod, please consider allowing me to have the previlege to post in B/S threads again.

Thanks

Old 28-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #18
Strad
Dragon

i had been ban almost 10mths, then last month when i could start to post in buy/sell. i just posted my sliver aro for sale, then within a few mins my sales thread is gone. Then ban from buy/sell again.

However, i was given the PM limited to 10.
actually i just want to know when this ban is going to be lifted from me.

Last edited by Strad; 28-08-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 28-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #19
limsc
Arofanatic

Actually this was posted in another thread but just want to share my thoughts here again.

I am guilty of using Arofanatics for buy/sell in recent 2years.
Formerly, I am into planted tank and subsequently move on to marine tank. Not yet into Arowana.

As the strengths and main interests of Arofanatics are in Arowana, thus I am unable to contribute much to the community and thus the forum.
The AroReefers sub-forum that I frequent is pretty quiet except for a few people.

The only way I can contribute to the forum is to answer some general fish rearing queries or sometimes when people query about certain things (in again the buy/sell) like spirulina, wavemaker but that is insignificant as there are much more experts out there.

Nevertheless, had to accept what the administrators deem best for the forum.
Can feel his frustration in him with all the questions and PMs..
In the meantime, can only look out for WTB threads to clear my unused items then..

Lastly, let wait till this bandwidth issue improves.
Then hopefully we are back with this privilege..
Old 28-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #20
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

I, too, would like the buy/sell privileges restored. That said, I do not know any of the mods here personally, hence, am in no position to request anything. I leave it up to the mods to decide if I should have the B/S privilege. Thanks!
Closed Thread