Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 14-11-2006, 12:00 AM   #1
StormX

Default 1st Timer on Planted Tank

Just recently started to go crazy over fishes, also dont know why. Now i started with planted tanks. So many things to learn and 1 of the main source is by reading up from here. Hope to learn from the experinced planters here and be better in my planting career ...

2 days ago i went to buy my 1st CO2 tank and started planting. I did 2 attempts and first was 2 days ago and today the 2nd attempt.

Please comment on my planted tank as i am totally new. I dont even know if i am doing the right things for my tank. Please comment. Thanks.

I am trying to put my photos on my gallery. I dont know how to put it here yet.
Old 17-11-2006, 03:03 AM   #2
jazzon

quite an artistic way of having a planting tank! like it quite alot.. expecially the lawn island in the middle! but not sure abt the breeds of plants though... maybe can grow some groundcovers to make the tank greener?

nice attempt bro!
Old 17-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #3
bingo87sg

Wow...you must have put in some big bucks to that set up. Impressive.
Noticed your diffuser right in the middle of the tank. Well, you can hide it and place it right to the bottom. That way i think it looks nicer and gives the bubbles more distance to travel before they gets out of the water. My 1 cents worth.
Old 17-11-2006, 01:04 PM   #4
armageddon
Senior Dragon

bro you maybe in future wanna plant slightly lesser. as i believe we all understand plants grow. ehwn u plant so dense at the start, there is a high chance of a "overcrowding" in future if never really to trim and so on. but ok lah... good idea as in plant alot now to prevent algae setting in. but when the system stabalised liao you might want to slowly remove a small quantity of the plants to allow more rooms for future growth and you can lessen abit on ur meintaince
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
armageddon
Senior Dragon

each of ur 1st and 2nd attempt have its specialty. but from the looks of your tank, i will strongly recommend a MH lighting for it. as you tank looks deep.
Old 17-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormX View Post
Just recently started to go crazy over fishes, also dont know why. Now i started with planted tanks. So many things to learn and 1 of the main source is by reading up from here. Hope to learn from the experinced planters here and be better in my planting career ...

2 days ago i went to buy my 1st CO2 tank and started planting. I did 2 attempts and first was 2 days ago and today the 2nd attempt.

Please comment on my planted tank as i am totally new. I dont even know if i am doing the right things for my tank. Please comment. Thanks.

I am trying to put my photos on my gallery. I dont know how to put it here yet.
did you put base fert?

maybe it will help us alot if you could tell us on ur tank specs, filteration system, lighting system and so on. fauna and floras within may help.

also maybe on ur idea on how u wanna do to allow us a clearer picture to appreciate your master piece.

lastly, i like ur tank. semi circle tank. keep altums will be nice
Old 19-11-2006, 03:04 AM   #7
StormX

Unhappy Thanks all

Thanks All for your kind comments.

Can someone teach me how to delete one of the same post. I have 2 of the same tread, I just wants to keep to 1.

By the way a bro here told me that i am using mostly non aquatic plants. Therefore i took off most of the plants and did another rescape. I will update my new rescape pic soon, i think its much better now.

Anyway i am encountering so many problems after the rescape:

1) After 2 days i went to buy 10 yamatos and 2 oto, end up 8 yamatos
were dead this morning and 2 surviving (not sure how long they can survive still).

2) Now i also encounter having hair like particles in my water. According to the LFS uncle, he says its algae and its normal.

3) I found a few wringling white worms in my water too... Sighz

4) Hair Glass & Riccia seems like rotting... sighz.

I am almost at the verge of giving up, as i put in 110% of my effort into making it happen but it doesnt... sigh.

I am new to this so let me try giving my specs:

Eheim Professional II Filter
2 Ft Tank about 60L of water
18W Lights X 2 PL with Fan
CO2 Tank 2bps
KH 5 - 6
PH 6.8 - 7.3
Temp 26 night 27 day
Using some kind of soil from LFS, dont know how to call it
Using some kind of fertilizer from LFS, also dont know what to call it
Black Sand on the top
Old 19-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #8
SilverDollar144

I think you havent cycle the water. That's why the yamatos died. Use some hardy fish like platy to cycle the water first.
Old 19-11-2006, 03:03 PM   #9
wilsonawt
Arofanatic

nice...saw a similar tank in Serangoon Gdn fish shop
wilsonawt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #10
StormX

Smile

Just recently changed the entire scaping of the tank. Been for a week already. So scare to introducing fishes and worried for algae attack.

Here are some pictures of the rescaping.

Last edited by StormX; 19-11-2006 at 04:12 PM.