Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 05-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #21
cavallino
Administrator

right about now would be a good time for someone to jump in and chime, "guys! pls stop talking about the price! it's just about the love for the stingrays!"
cavallino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #22
CBTG
Dragon

I believe that auction price reflex market price, no one offer higher bid that they feel to pay for it, until last minute.
CBTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #23
lincolngoh

From the grape vine, I've heard that the prices are lowest in Singapore. the overseas market for a male PDR is around 1.5k SGD and above.

I suspect local breeders will be looking to collaborate to export the pups wholesale overseas or to fish farms. The prices they will be receiving could actually be higher than individual sales to hobbyist.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #24
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
My pt is, let it drop, drop , drop, who cares, as long a general price could be attain & all transact at ard tat price lor. All happy, right bo?
correct. only when transactions occur then there is a market clearing price.

no point buyers or sellers shouting for prices where they are unable to find a counterparty to close the deal.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #25
RELAX
Dragon

i am not surprise and not amuze at the result of the auction.
firstly the pic was badly taken in my opinion
secondly is a single male piece
if we were to see a pair,then is all different story.too bad i used up my last quater sale of this year.if not i would hv take up the challenge.
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #26
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolngoh View Post

I suspect local breeders will be looking to collaborate to export the pups wholesale overseas or to fish farms. The prices they will be receiving could actually be higher than individual sales to hobbyist.
actually, yes this is one way prices will bottom out, if sellers find more constructive and structured ways to liquidate their stock in an organised manner.

internet forums are convenient, but perhaps in exchange for that convenience sellers intuitively accept a price discount.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #27
Tay
Dragon

BTW, motoros & normal SP have already found their bottom, think is time for blackie to do so lor. Why not just sit down & watch (Like stock mkt, now also dropping like shit), faster it drop, then we can see rebound mah.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #28
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
BTW, motoros & normal SP have already found their bottom, think is time for blackie to do so lor. Why not just sit down & watch (Like stock mkt, now also dropping like shit), faster it drop, then we can see rebound mah.
stock market now dropping because because you never go in and support!!! quick lah!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #29
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
This will stop when price drop till so cheap there r no more $ to be make by these part time sellers trying to make $ at others expense.

My pt is, let it drop, drop , drop, who cares, as long a general price could be attain & all transact at ard tat price lor. All happy, right bo?
actually when prices plummet, it will flush out all the speculative money, and short term money... then all that will remain is the strong, long term money.. then the bubble builds again, then bursts, then builds, then bursts.. cyclicality.. befalls almost everything on God's good earth..
Old 05-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #30
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavallino View Post
stock market now dropping because because you never go in and support!!! quick lah!!!
I just went in and wack liao....... if wait for rays to buy rice, I die long ago liao.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote