Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 08-10-2009, 02:39 AM   #71
simoncym

got people buy,value will go up,price go down due too supply more then demand..simple logic that everyone know....one of the main reason i guess people ray die untill scare......
not many people can effort to die so many ray....esp BD... if one whole tank like 5pc BD gone case....rich people also cannot tahan..ray want to die...they dont inform u want..... many people got this mindset..see people die ray untill they dont even dare to take the 1st step..even u ask them try on cheap one 1st before get into quality type,i think also no use...that why untill now,no one want to take the risk,esp singaporean...kiasee...ask them buy 10pc BD to breed or few pc to keep,i will tell u....hehe... if fish no problem,god bless,if some thing goes wrong , owner cannot sleep cannot eat...shut for god also no use but ready...once ray stable is hard for them to die.

Last edited by simoncym; 08-10-2009 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:08 AM   #72
siluk

i enjoy reading this thread. Learn so much.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:02 AM   #73
acidjazz

I just went to Mainland today, their pdr going for $2xxx plus!!!

Its not very affordable.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #74
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro1 View Post
it is one-off bidding price.
If everyday you have such auction, then I say that is what the price has become.
well as a very established magazine's motto goes, "only time will tell".
cavallino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #75
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncym View Post
around SG8.6k per pair for an hybrid... then mine must be a gd buy...
i give u one new name for your f2.. "LLSP" ... leo-leosp....hobo....
Hmm..... scared pple miss read as Lan lan SP how
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #76
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^GeNoME^ View Post
its time to buy fr hobbyist here and export to thai liao.. haha
Of course there r also other breeders selling at diff prices as well. Many will take his pricing & sell slightly lower like wat our smart part time rays sellers here r doing lor.

Exporting is not an easy game, there r many rules involved like DOA lah, ....., etc. Thus, if a pair margin is just few hundred SGD, B4 freight, handling with live stock at this margin better don think lah, risk return not balance. Many here think is gd $$$, well, there is a saying, nvr die b4 lor.

Why farm nd to mark up their imported rays high, cos they hv fixed & labour cost, don mentioned abt risk involved. Those part time sellers don invest any amt of $ in any set up, so when they make $50 to $100 a pcs v happy liao. When there aren't any more $ to make, they just disappeared, no nd to ans to their customers future needs.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #77
lincolngoh

Well kepalasakit has given off free Reds, RTGs and XBs before too, I don't see any free ones now...

Whether it's a rabbit that bang it's head against the tree event or a market signal remains to be seen.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #78
uluaking

From the starting to the end of this thread, having going thru all the discussion here by all the sifus..... blackie sold here are spoilt by the sellers who simply wanted to compete each other or for whatsoever reason he/she had in mind

Sellers should be well informed of the current market price of the rays before posting for sale be it normal leo, high quality ones.... and not simply by posting for the sake of slashing prices only.... there are also hidden reason behind it for selling so cheap.... cos the buyers will not know it at all... like sick rays, not pure etc etc..... indirectly affecting the good healthy condition rays pricing.

so what if only one seller selling this kind of price for one piece only. As long as most of the sellers are awared of the current pricing, the price will be stagnant there no matter what. This aspect of cooperation I can see in foreign countries are more cooperative than in Singapore.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinion hor.....

For me I will not spoilt the market for selling dirt cheap lor....
Old 08-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #79
simoncym

Quote:
Originally Posted by uluaking View Post
From the starting to the end of this thread, having going thru all the discussion here by all the sifus..... blackie sold here are spoilt by the sellers who simply wanted to compete each other or for whatsoever reason he/she had in mind

Sellers should be well informed of the current market price of the rays before posting for sale be it normal leo, high quality ones.... and not simply by posting for the sake of slashing prices only.... there are also hidden reason behind it for selling so cheap.... cos the buyers will not know it at all... like sick rays, not pure etc etc..... indirectly affecting the good healthy condition rays pricing.

so what if only one seller selling this kind of price for one piece only. As long as most of the sellers are awared of the current pricing, the price will be stagnant there no matter what. This aspect of cooperation I can see in foreign countries are more cooperative than in Singapore.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinion hor.....

For me I will not spoilt the market for selling dirt cheap lor....
my eye tell me there was a bite on the disc."MAYBE" that the reason he start at that price....
Old 08-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #80
simoncym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Hmm..... scared pple miss read as Lan lan SP how
if that so...how about LP.....Lan p....dont mention to clearly...wait me kena ban again.... bro go china sell ray....better then u market stock here...
1/10000 of china people keep ray...u also eat cannot finish....