Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 05-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
david171

Default needs help on angelfish` spawnings...

My angel fishes juz spawn this morning again,this is the second time after 2 weeks.however,the parents eat up all the eggs during the first time and they start eating it up this time again so i removed the eggs to another place but i discovered one of the eggs is in white colour....should i removed that particular egg?is it becos of fungus attack?how long dose it takes for all the eggs to hatch?hope some of the bros here can help and give me some advice...thx n happy cny to everybody....
david171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by david171 View Post
My angel fishes juz spawn this morning again,this is the second time after 2 weeks.however,the parents eat up all the eggs during the first time and they start eating it up this time again so i removed the eggs to another place but i discovered one of the eggs is in white colour....should i removed that particular egg?is it becos of fungus attack?how long dose it takes for all the eggs to hatch?hope some of the bros here can help and give me some advice...thx n happy cny to everybody....
leave it as it is first. cause if it is a breeding pair, they will breed very frequently.

if they eat usually are bad eggs. so not too much to worry. newbie parents are pretty prone to eggs eating due to stress. reduce movement ard the tank area and the problem of eggs eating should reduce.

just let nature take its course. within a month or 2, once the parents are exprienced enough, u will be tonnes of wriggiling fries in the tank.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
david171

thx bro..however i`ve already isolated the eggs from the parents,should i removed those eggs that are white in colour too?thx....
Old 05-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
CheckerBox
Dragon

Quote:
thx bro..however i`ve already isolated the eggs from the parents,should i removed those eggs that are white in colour too?thx....
Add small dose of methylene blue or ariflavine to prevent fungus to the eggs. Also add an air tube with a small air stone into the tank containing the eggs. Adjust the air flow to moderate. Then keep your fingers crossed.

If the eggs are fertilised, fries should hatch in about 3-4 days. Once you see wigglers, reduce the air flow to slow. Feed bbs after one day of free swim.

Good luck!
CheckerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:10 PM   #5
david171

thanks..shifu....i will do that soon...
Old 06-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #6
david171

so sad now...most of the eggs have been attacked by fungus...
Old 06-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
Royston
Dragon

Have the eggs come into contact with air when you removed them?

Did you put any anti-fungus medication in the new tank?

Did you check everyday on the eggs for any fungus infected eggs & remove them?

Did you contaminate the eggs when you removed the fungus infected ones?
Royston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
CheckerBox
Dragon

Quote:
so sad now...most of the eggs have been attacked by fungus...
It's either they have not been properly fertilised (inexperience male fish) or the water that you put the eggs in are not properly circulated and you added the anti-fungus medicine too late.

Honestly, I suspect your male fish is probably not experienced or not fully matured yet. And when that happens, most of the eggs will not hatch and the natural instinct of the adult pair is to eat up the eggs. That may explain the egg eating behavior of the fish.
CheckerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
david171

thx all the shifus for ur time n advices...will try to leave them alone next time.....thx...
Old 07-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
Hershley
Endangered Dragon

Bro checkerbox very good advice given. I learnt more things on angels spawning. Thanks
Hershley is offline   Reply With Quote