Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 29-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Jovel

Default Need help with CRS food and water GH.

Is it weird that my CRS doesn't really like mosura excel? they seem to prefer my borneowild spinach, but still after a few bites they'll just leave it. Is this normal? their colours are pretty good and not faded, moving around quite actively, or do they prefer other sources of food? and what are the suitable and preferred food to feed them?

and also is there a safe way to lower GH? or just changes water as soon possible?
Old 29-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
eviltrain

for food, you may have been feeding too much.

as for gh, water change with distilled water. 1:1 ratio , water took out : distilled water dripped in.

do the water change regime as per normal until desired gh is there.
Old 30-08-2011, 01:15 AM   #3
Eugene THS

dont feed them too often feed them every 3 days or else they wont finish the food
Old 30-08-2011, 01:24 AM   #4
ymmij
Senior Dragon

my shrimps also one kind one.... pretty choosy over food. but somehow things have improved recently.

one and off i may stop feeding for one to three days. guess another issue would be more shrimps, more competition.
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 04:17 AM   #5
Jovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltrain View Post
for food, you may have been feeding too much.

as for gh, water change with distilled water. 1:1 ratio , water took out : distilled water dripped in.

do the water change regime as per normal until desired gh is there.
thanks evil, I was feeding them once every 3 days, and I thought maybe their full from nibbling on stuff in the gravel and changed to once per week, still the same leh haha.

hmm, will try the distilled water , btw will ageing water help in removing minerals?
Old 30-08-2011, 04:18 AM   #6
Jovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
my shrimps also one kind one.... pretty choosy over food. but somehow things have improved recently.

one and off i may stop feeding for one to three days. guess another issue would be more shrimps, more competition.
maybe I should try other foods, hmm. but expensive leh shrimp food. boiled cabbage? haha
Old 30-08-2011, 04:50 AM   #7
Planted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovel View Post
maybe I should try other foods, hmm. but expensive leh shrimp food. boiled cabbage? haha
Pardon me, i feed a variety of food. Mosura stick that comes from package with mosura conditioner is fine for my crs. Got one china/taiwan brand crs food too which my shrimps kinda dont like. I feed frozen bloodworm and brine shrimps too. Recently shared beef heart with them as my dad bought for the discuses. Just a little ear-wax scoop to try out. But they finished all. They seem to like all these. been feeding these type of variety until now i got so many mamas. Hope there is co-relation w the meaty food.
Old 30-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #8
cheetf
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planted View Post
Pardon me, i feed a variety of food. Mosura stick that comes from package with mosura conditioner is fine for my crs. Got one china/taiwan brand crs food too which my shrimps kinda dont like. I feed frozen bloodworm and brine shrimps too. Recently shared beef heart with them as my dad bought for the discuses. Just a little ear-wax scoop to try out. But they finished all. They seem to like all these. been feeding these type of variety until now i got so many mamas. Hope there is co-relation w the meaty food.
Be careful what you introduce as food for your shrimps. You never know what kind of bacteria or other harmful organisms that you might bring into your tank.
cheetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
Planted

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
Be careful what you introduce as food for your shrimps. You never know what kind of bacteria or other harmful organisms that you might bring into your tank.
Aye! Noted. But they are the hikari frozen type, supposed to be clean and safe? Aiyo, after u mention, i better avoid those food. Thanks!