Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 15-12-2006, 05:57 AM   #1
cyberaro

Default Starting a Planted Tank

Dear all AF bro, currently I'm interested in setting up a Planted Tank(abt 3feet). This is my first time and I have no idea where to start. My information gather is mostly from AF, such as CO2, lighting, subtract. Can any bro provide me with some guideline or site that I can refer to and also wat are the needed item and cost. I'm from Malaysia and this has been haunting me eversince I discover the ADA website. I'm also in the mist of looking for related 2nd hand item such as CO2 cylinder and the accesories(donnoe wat they are call) but mostly are selling in S'pore.

Appreciate the help from all AF bro.
Old 15-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
cyberaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberaro View Post
Dear all AF bro, currently I'm interested in setting up a Planted Tank(abt 3feet). This is my first time and I have no idea where to start. My information gather is mostly from AF, such as CO2, lighting, subtract. Can any bro provide me with some guideline or site that I can refer to and also wat are the needed item and cost. I'm from Malaysia and this has been haunting me eversince I discover the ADA website. I'm also in the mist of looking for related 2nd hand item such as CO2 cylinder and the accesories(donnoe wat they are call) but mostly are selling in S'pore.

Appreciate the help from all AF bro.
Any help from AF bro
Old 15-12-2006, 09:55 AM   #3
reversebungee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberaro View Post
Any help from AF bro
any style that u wanna follow?
mayb u can show some examples of tank that u want to follow, then we can fire frm there.
Old 15-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #4
cyberaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by reversebungee View Post
any style that u wanna follow?
mayb u can show some examples of tank that u want to follow, then we can fire frm there.
Maybe with some Java Fern, Moss and some fore ground plant and DW....still unsure
Old 15-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #5
cacatuoides

Go to www.aquaticquotient.com

Lots of good information and experts there!!!
Old 15-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
gymnotiform

Read this. may seem abit wordy but it helps ALOT.

for info about dosing fert, press HERE!

the 1st site should be helpful enough liao. as for 3 ft tank must use cylinder liao cannot use DIY otherwise not enough CO2 to cover whole tank. happy scaping!
Old 15-12-2006, 01:22 PM   #7
the_r0ck

I suggest you read up more from there sites first:

Read up on the basics of a planted tank
http://www.aquatic-plants.org/articl...ges/index.html

Basic setting up of a tank
http://www.vectrapoint.com/

Things to get a planted tank:

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ead.php?t=4036

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/People...tengallon.html

Go and read up more.
Old 15-12-2006, 02:35 PM   #8
cyberaro

Thank bro reversebungee, cacatuoids, gymnotiform and the rock for the website ........very helpful(havent finish reading) and it will be better if u can quote me the price and item most needed
Old 15-12-2006, 03:34 PM   #9
the_r0ck

It is very difficult to tell you the exact price and things to get because there are alot of various configurations possible.

Getting a high light tank will increase the prices by a bit cause with higher wattages come with higher prices. Having CO2 will jack up the overall budget by more than $100.

Filter wise there are also many types. Cannisters are common but prices range again from $70+ to more than $100+.

Types of substrate differ drastically again.

Low light/non-CO2 tanks will be a totally different price range again.

I suggest that you read and do a research. Then after deciding what you want, you can ask for a rough price quotation and budget.

-Calvin
Old 15-12-2006, 04:33 PM   #10
cyberaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r0ck View Post
It is very difficult to tell you the exact price and things to get because there are alot of various configurations possible.

Getting a high light tank will increase the prices by a bit cause with higher wattages come with higher prices. Having CO2 will jack up the overall budget by more than $100.

Filter wise there are also many types. Cannisters are common but prices range again from $70+ to more than $100+.

Types of substrate differ drastically again.

Low light/non-CO2 tanks will be a totally different price range again.

I suggest that you read and do a research. Then after deciding what you want, you can ask for a rough price quotation and budget.

-Calvin
Thank bro for the advise will do a research and come back to u