Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Closed Thread

Old 16-03-2018, 07:28 PM   #151
BBP604
Dragon

At one point we are talking abt having some of the gifted and skilful players into the team
Spent big monies to attract them and conplete the zigsaw that we needed to compete at the highest level.
Now we play with no consistency and fear factor has gone.
I really missed the attacking football.
Old 16-03-2018, 10:15 PM   #152
wonderboy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBP604 View Post
At one point we are talking abt having some of the gifted and skilful players into the team
Spent big monies to attract them and conplete the zigsaw that we needed to compete at the highest level.
Now we play with no consistency and fear factor has gone.
I really missed the attacking football.
Me too... the days of Heinze, Evra, G. Neville and Rafael bombing down the flanks on overlapping runs...

I really really miss Rafael.
Old 17-03-2018, 01:08 AM   #153
KeeHuat
Dragon

Rojo signs new contract

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Marcos Rojo has signed a new contract which will keep him at the club until June 2021, with the option to extend for a further year.

Rojo, 27, signed for United on 20 August 2014. During his time at the club, he has won an FA Cup, a League Cup, the UEFA Europa League and a Community Shield.

Marcos Rojo said: "Since I joined Manchester United, it has been everything I thought it would be and more. I am extremely happy to extend my stay at this great club. When I joined, my aim was to help the team win trophies and we have done that over the past couple of seasons. I am working hard to get back on the pitch. I would like to thank the fans for their support and the manager for the confidence and help he has given me both on and off the pitch."

Jose Mourinho added: "Marcos has gone from strength to strength over the past couple of seasons, and has always shown great professionalism. Although his injury has kept him sidelined over these past few weeks, Marcos is working hard to return to full fitness. He is always ready to put his body on the line for this club and I am delighted he has signed a new contract."
Old 17-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #154
sfk7
Arofanatic

Jose Mourinho has warned that he will struggle to catch Pep Guardiola's Manchester City if his rival spends heavily on new signings again this summer.

From http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-spending.html

He has to stop finding excuses and more money to spend. Recent buying players policy seems to be just buying the best that is available without an actual plan. Maybe with the exception of Matic.

Yes City is spending. But seems like they are buying players that are actually needed to improve the team
Old 17-03-2018, 07:14 PM   #155
loveikan
Arofanatic

Worry that the board will give in to his demands to pay skyhigh price just to sign the players he wanted.

Wanted immediate results by landing the league and CL titles and moves onto the next club
Old 17-03-2018, 10:40 PM   #156
BBP604
Dragon

In my opinion he is a goal getter. Only concern is he will keep buying and try to mix match. Somehow feel that he is losing his 'special' one.
Lets hope i am wrong else no matter how much we spent will not complete his dream team.
Old 17-03-2018, 11:24 PM   #157
lenghan
Arofanatic

One of our biggest problem is that we are not even settled as to which team is our starting 11 players. And this is the fault of the manager.
When one of the player(s) perform(s) well in one game, we suddenly do not see him starting in the next game.
All these rotations have certainly halted our fluency and momentum such that players are not even sure if they are going to be named in the next game, whereas some players, regardless of their form seems to be "untouchable".
Hope JM can settle this issue with more urgency
Old 18-03-2018, 03:57 AM   #158
KeeHuat
Dragon

Manchester United XI: Romero, Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, Shaw, Matic, McTominay, Mata, Lingard, Martial, Lukaku.

Subs: De Gea, Lindelof, Young, Fellaini, Pogba, Alexis Sanchez, Rashford
Old 18-03-2018, 04:09 AM   #159
SabaDen92
Endangered Dragon

Good that Sanchez is benched...too much was expected of him too early when he just joined the team.

Glad to see AM back in the starting albeit for the FA Cup ... he'a one player who was doing well and yet dropped which made me wonder.
Old 18-03-2018, 04:09 AM   #160
KeeHuat
Dragon

France legend Emmanuel Petit tells Paul Pogba to stop sulking and "change his attitude" amid Man United slump

The United midfielder has struggled for form recently and started on the bench against Sevilla in midweek

France legend Emmanuel Petit has issued a brutal warning to Paul Pogba.

The Manchester United midfielder has struggled for form recently and started on the bench against Sevilla in midweek amid reports of a bust-up with Jose Mourinho.

Pogba entered the fray in the second period but couldn't turn things around as United crashed out of the Champions League.

And now former Arsenal midfielder Petit has told his countryman to sort himself out to change his fortunes.

"Paul, I'll give him a little bit of advice - change attitude a bit,' Petit told RMC .

"He should stop making it a Mourinho-Pogba duel because the club of Manchester United is much more important than those two guys.

"Right now, he's making it personal and you can clearly see that on the pitch as he is sending out a lot of negative signals.

"It gets tiresome when you're sulking permanently."
Closed Thread