Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 19-03-2006, 01:06 PM   #21
xtrekker

Well I wouldn't dare cause the TEM's electrical insulator is creamic based ,they are very brittle .The thermal grease would harden /dryup after its get heated by the TEM .Surface tension between the two surface is very strong. the best method i can think of is to slide it out.

cheers
xtrekker
Old 19-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #22
Arolee999
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrekker
Good on you !! Not too bad for a first try. Well nice heat sink where did you get it ? I looking for a similiar bonded fin heatsink.

cheers
xtrekker
The bonded fin heatsink i got it from 3rd floor SLT. Only saw 1 from the whole junk of heatsink in that shop. Maybe you can try to print out the photo and look for it....it is copper on the bottom side.
May i know how long the peltier can last if i turn it ON for 24hrs everyday?
I already turn it ON yesterday 8pm until now....Water temperature now 22.4C.
Arolee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 01:18 PM   #23
Arolee999
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfc31
what a bad news.
i reopen the project to have a test, accidentaly broken the TEM, it is so fragile.
so now, end of story.

will go and get a 2nd TEM when my off working day. thinking to get the 8A module cos not confident already with 6A one. but when see our bro very success to 22C with the 6A module, make me confuse liao.

or maybe, stop the project and get a Resun CL280.
What a bad news.... But hope you can success on next try......don't give up la....
Old 19-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #24
xtrekker

IC ,maybe i didnot look closely the last time i was there . He owner got a hong kong accent one right ?

most TEM or peltier device has a MTBF of 50000hrs which works out to be about 2083 days or 297 weeks or 5 years if turn on 24hrs everyday.

cheers
xtrekker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arolee999
The bonded fin heatsink i got it from 3rd floor SLT. Only saw 1 from the whole junk of heatsink in that shop. Maybe you can try to print out the photo and look for it....it is copper on the bottom side.
May i know how long the peltier can last if i turn it ON for 24hrs everyday?
I already turn it ON yesterday 8pm until now....Water temperature now 22.4C.
Old 19-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #25
Arolee999
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrekker
IC ,maybe i didnot look closely the last time i was there . He owner got a hong kong accent one right ?

most TEM or peltier device has a MTBF of 50000hrs which works out to be about 2083 days or 297 weeks or 5 years if turn on 24hrs everyday.

cheers
xtrekker
Wow.....MTBF of 50000hrs!!!! Very suprising! Thanks for your info again.....
Maybe try to buy the 8A peltier to setup another 2 feet tank.....
Old 19-03-2006, 03:09 PM   #26
revolushun

Can someone teach me how to wire the TEC module to the CPU PSU? The CPU PSU connector got 4 wire RBBY (Red Black Black Yellow) while the TEC Module got Red and Black (DC). Sorry complete electronics idiot here
Old 19-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #27
Arolee999
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolushun
Can someone teach me how to wire the TEC module to the CPU PSU? The CPU PSU connector got 4 wire RBBY (Red Black Black Yellow) while the TEC Module got Red and Black (DC). Sorry complete electronics idiot here
Connect your TEM black wire to one of the CPU PSU black wire(DC). And connect your TEM red wire to CPU PSU yellow wire(+12VDC)
Make sure your CPU PSU able to supply enough Amp to your TEM. Else it might not able to bring down your water to your desired temp.
Old 19-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #28
revolushun

Quote:
Connect your TEM black wire to one of the CPU PSU black wire(DC). And connect your TEM red wire to CPU PSU yellow wire(+12VDC)
Make sure your CPU PSU able to supply enough Amp to your TEM. Else it might not able to bring down your water to your desired temp.
What about the heat sink? Got Red Yellow Black so just connect correspondingly?

And how do you override the CPU PSU to turn on? As I understand you need to "short" some cable to turn activate the CPU PSU right?

Last edited by revolushun; 19-03-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 19-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #29
Arolee999
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolushun
What about the heat sink? Got Red Yellow Black so just connect correspondingly?

And how do you override the CPU PSU to turn on? As I understand you need to "short" some cable to turn activate the CPU PSU right?
There is no wire for heatsink. Do you mean heatsink fan? You need to confirm your fan required voltage.
The CPU PSU DC connector :Yellow(+12VDC), Black (Ground), Red (+5VDC).

Override the CPU PSU, you better check with your PSU brand and which pins to short. That depends on individual PSU maker.

Last edited by Arolee999; 19-03-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 20-03-2006, 01:15 AM   #30
xtrekker

Quote:
There is no wire for heatsink. Do you mean heatsink fan? You need to confirm your fan required voltage.
The CPU PSU DC connector :Yellow(+12VDC), Black (Ground), Red (+5VDC).

Override the CPU PSU, you better check with your PSU brand and which pins to short. That depends on individual PSU maker.

Connect REMOTE POWER ON Pin 14 (Green) to GROUND pin 15 (Black). This will Put your PSU to "always on" mode.

If your TEM is drawing high current .. its best to bundle ALL the wires together instead of using a single wire.

for example when 12V is required , you can bundle all the yellow wires together so that the current / load would be "share out " among the wires.
Do the same for the Black wires (ground).

You might want to refer to the link below for the PSU ATX connector's pinout
www.technick.net/public/code/cp_dpage.php?aiocp_dp=pinconmth_atx_power

cheers
xtrekker