Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 24-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #11
RTGFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroboy II
Yap, either you have to invest in another filter or get another tank to separate them.(the fishes)

Im in the process of buying another 180 Gallon tank that I may put the black and the turtles and chiclid in. Keep the Asian and Ray in 300 gallon. But I dont know if I really want to do that. Im going to add a few powerheads in the tank as well since I dont have none now. If I go two tanks than I wont need of going second filter.

Old 24-09-2005, 04:36 PM   #12
draconis

either once a week or once a fortnight

Old 24-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #13
samanosuke

once a week or two week depend water change

Old 24-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #14
leokym

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTGFanatic
Im in the process of buying another 180 Gallon tank that I may put the black and the turtles and chiclid in. Keep the Asian and Ray in 300 gallon. But I dont know if I really want to do that. Im going to add a few powerheads in the tank as well since I dont have none now. If I go two tanks than I wont need of going second filter.
If your media sump tank is powerful... no need to change every week.. for me, I change once every one month.. the most, I top up water only..

Medias that proven... tinted CR, Biohome and little bit coral chips is good enough...

Even aquarium don't change water as much as we do... Why? Becos they used the right medias...

Old 24-09-2005, 04:53 PM   #15
A-MEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokym
If your media sump tank is powerful... no need to change every week.. for me, I change once every one month.. the most, I top up water only..

Medias that proven... tinted CR, Biohome and little bit coral chips is good enough...

Even aquarium don't change water as much as we do... Why? Becos they used the right medias...
i do the samething as u bro ..once a month 50% (tank size 5x2x2) water condition is o.k..

Old 24-09-2005, 05:17 PM   #16
RTGFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MEN
i do the samething as u bro ..once a month 50% (tank size 5x2x2) water condition is o.k..

What are you guys using for filteration? Canister Filters or Wet/Dry?

Old 24-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #17
RTGFanatic

Also to all bros.....which would you perfer for filteration and think works the best?

Wet/Dry or Canister Filter?

Ive been told Canister Filter but have also been told by people as you go bigger in tank its common to go with Wet/Dry and its just as good from others?

My question is what do you all think is better?

Old 24-09-2005, 05:30 PM   #18
leokym

Smile

Quote:
Also to all bros.....which would you perfer for filteration and think works the best?

Wet/Dry or Canister Filter?

Ive been told Canister Filter but have also been told by people as you go bigger in tank its common to go with Wet/Dry and its just as good from others?

My question is what do you all think is better?
Bro... be it wet/dry canister, it can never beat IOS or sump tank filter system.... reason being too small for the waste cycle....

Once you have the above filter systems, you will never go back to canister cos maintaining canister is so much more work as compare to the latter....

For sump/IOS, all you need to do is to change the wools and the first layer and that's it... no need to wash like those canister....

Cheers!

Old 24-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #19
RTGFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokym
Bro... be it wet/dry canister, it can never beat IOS or sump tank filter system.... reason being too small for the waste cycle....

Once you have the above filter systems, you will never go back to canister cos maintaining canister is so much more work as compare to the latter....

For sump/IOS, all you need to do is to change the wools and the first layer and that's it... no need to wash like those canister....

Cheers!

Sump/IOS....wouldnt that be considered a Wet/Dry Filtration System?

Old 25-09-2005, 12:37 PM   #20
A-MEN

Quote:
What are you guys using for filteration? Canister Filters or Wet/Dry?
i'am using wet canister filter...